Frustrated Ninja User...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Barry-Or, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Barry-Or

Barry-Or

I just sent this message to Ninja Trader:

_____
    Why do you have your training sessions during trading hours??? I find this VERY frustrating!

I have been a paid user for most of a year and do not feel I have gotten the training that should be redilly available.

When I first signed up I thought your training would improve over the time I have been using it. It doesn't appear to have changed at all.

When I go to watch a video on your site, they often don't explain what I need. And often also, when I click to go to your video page the page locks up and nothing happens.

Right now, I want to learn about shadow strategies. I go to your support center and help in Ninja and all I get is that shadow strategies are available.

It is like your "training" is aimed at advertizement and you really don't care about training people.

I am not one who gets frustrated by very many things but I have had similar experiences with your "training" more times than I can count.
    _____

I don't know how the experience of others has been. I did some research here back when I first started and thought Ninja was the greatest thing going.

I am satisfied with the operation of Ninja so far as I understand it. However, I am just very frustrated by what they call "training."

I am posting here rather than rating the software because I don't have very many posts.

I am writing this because I want others to be aware.

2. Barry-Or

Barry-Or

They replied the same afternoon to my email and actually agreed that further instructions were needed in their help section (that was a nice response on their part). The guy who emailed me gave me the instructions and I was able to do it based on his email and it appears that everything will work fine tomorrow.

FYI: If you have trouble trying to figure out how to subtract your broker costs from your Ninja account total don't hesitate to email them. I spent about 2 hours trying to do it with their instructions help section and online information and eventually had to email them. They may have updated the website about doing that by now because that was several months ago, but I am not sure if that has been done.

3. maxpi

maxpi

NT's response to users is phenomenal. You can post on the help forums and get detailed, helpful replies in minutes at times... that keeps the trolls from running the site and keeps it real...

4. DonKee

DonKee

Ninja has a lot going for it, but you must remember, it is still in its early stages. When I say early stages, I am considering the following:

1) You must be familiar with C# and be willing to become fairly comfortable with it.

2) They do not have a large amount of users that can post their experiences and fixes on a forum ala trade station.

3) They only have a few employees who can help you and those employees at this time will specifically tell you that they cannot do code for you.

4) The combination of the above, results in many trial users (myself included) becoming frustrated due to my elementary understanding of C# and Ninja's lack of resources to bring traders up to speed in an accelerated manner.

That being said, I believe Ninja to have great potential, they just need to increase their resources if they want to attract traders who are not mid to high level C# educated.

5. Barry-Or

Barry-Or

Forum? I have been to their website LOTs of times over the last year and didn't know about their website.

Seems like that shows a lack of my being attentive (or something worse!), it also shows that maybe the forum should be more prominent so that people can't miss it.

I will try the forum next time.

I only use Ninja for trade entries. Investor RT works for me.