Frosty's trading bot goes live part 2

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by frostengine, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Nope, I have not read that book

#51     Jun 21, 2007
  2. GTS

GTS

How's the bot doing today Frosty?

#52     Jun 22, 2007
  3. The bot is currently down -$150 at the moment and is currently short..... still got almost an hour till it force liquidates..... so a lot can still happen in this last hour.

#53     Jun 22, 2007
  4. GTS

GTS

That's good, I was worried that today might trip it up like Wednesday's action did since we've had some good trending but with large retracement periods too.

1.5 ER2 points is nothing, I'm sure we will see some fireworks into the close, one way or the other.

#54     Jun 22, 2007
  5. Ended the day for -$199.20...... Never really found much traction today. Twice early this morning it entered into short positions but exited the position shortly after both times..... If it could have held onto one of those would have made a killing today... but thats how it goes. If you take out the -1200 day it wouldnt' have been such a bad week.... no worries, next week will be better I belive..

Today -$199.20
    Week to Date: -$1323.2
    Since going live: -$1323.2
    Total days: 5
    Avg per day: -$264.64

#55     Jun 22, 2007
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

what he said, maybe too much for the bot to handle.

#56     Jun 22, 2007
  7. torel

torel

frost,

what is your condition for stopping the bot?

torel

ps.: thx for sharing your experience!

#57     Jun 22, 2007
  8. yeah thank you for sharing
    I lerned something from this

#58     Jun 22, 2007
  9. Torel,

I set a monetary limit. The limit isn't based on anything technical. Its just a limit that if passed then I no longer feel secure in running the system. Something has to be seriously broken with it for it to reach that amount however.

#59     Jun 22, 2007
  10. Frosty...

have you mentioned what software / order management application you utilize?
    does it run unatttended?

very important part of any ATS i think.

i'm curious as to how you've set this up, esp since i'm probably using the budget basement model.

bb

#60     Jun 23, 2007