Frosty's e-mini journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by frostengine, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Do you have a strict set of rules you use to enter and exit or do you use discretion on each trade? It is the rules that have saved me and kept me making money. Even when I doubt the signals I follow them as I know of the course of time it will pay off. Hope you make your money back.

#351     Aug 1, 2006
  2. Well done Jimmy. This is perhaps the most important trading article that has ever been posted on ET.

If we all read it and reflect deeply on its meaning, especially the winning edge calculation it will help us all in our trading.

#352     Aug 3, 2006
  3. Well guys... after posting my last message I basically blew it dropping nearly 1k over past 2 days and bringing my account down to 6k.... so thats it i'm done trading....

The next trade entered by me will be by a bot. I have proven to myself I do not have the diciplin to trade myself. But I do have great programming skills, so I am going to continue work on my trading bots. through the past month or so I have come up with many new trading ideas, but my current bot/back testing platform I developed is incapable of trading some of these new ideas I had.

So i am building a new trading/backtesting platform from scratch using everythign I learned in previous ones and making this one more flexible in the way its capable of trading. Hopefully this next venture turns out to be more sucessful.

#353     Aug 3, 2006
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

basically it is symptom of one-big-blow-up-after-string-of-smaller-successfully-trades your brain will have to over come the invincible feeling associated with string-of-winning-trade and learn to be humble all the time...

#354     Aug 3, 2006
  5. i think thats some very wise advice, sorry to hear youre giving up though, good luck

#355     Aug 3, 2006
  6. Yeah, for me they keep getting smaller, I keep knowing better they are on the way.

#356     Aug 4, 2006