Frosty's e-mini journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by frostengine, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Another semi revenge trade.. no valid entry on what I generally use for my entries again... but this time I do feel the market needs a small pull back.... Nothing can go straight up right??? Why do I keep trying to fight this..... It would at least make sense if I had a VALID entry....

Short 10997 at 10:09
    covered 10986 at 10:33

Net today -$103

I think I may have gotton out of this one too early, as it apears there may be some more down side to go...

#11     Jun 15, 2006
  2. Another small play... I really should be waiting on my entries.. but instead i'm just trying to hit a few small ones to get my loss back down...

buy 1 YM 10983
    Sold 1 YM 10988

Net today -$82....

Maybe I shoudl take a break for a few hours and try back in the afternoon session...

#12     Jun 15, 2006
  3. If you ignore your signals, how can you expect to be profitable....

You either have faith in the entry or develop a new system. What you are experiencing is a common mistake that kills your capital (one I make still every now and again so don't fret).

PATIENCE!

Do not chase the market.

IT will come to you.

There is no law that mandates you be in a position by 9:30. If no good signal appears, then no trade should be entered into..

#13     Jun 15, 2006
  4. Patience is something I deffinetly lack... evident by me trading during lunch again today....... And also is the MAIN reason I cant seem to hold a winner long enough... just let go of another GREAT winnner.....

Buy 1 YM 10974 at 12:10
    sold 1 YM 10976 at 12:54

I watched it run all the way to 10990... could have sold there, got gready, saw it droping and then got scared and got out..

Buy 1 YM 10984 at 12:56
    Sold 1 YM 10999 at 13:02

Got back in pretty quick after, sold too soon though watched it run to 11015 right after selling........

Net for the day -$5.56..

At least I have the day back nearly to scratch.. the last trade shoudl have put me in the green for the day.... I'm just happy I was able to fight back from being down to back close to even for the day.. tempted to just walk away for the rest of the week and take a break...

#14     Jun 15, 2006
  5. What an interesting day, spent all day trying to crawl out of a hole but by end of the day I did. Came a little short of my +100 a day, but i'm not complaing it was an up day.

Had one loss today for 32 points.
    Had 7 wins for 53 points

Average Loss 32 pts
    Average Win 7.5 pts

That is one CRAPPY risk/reward ratio.... Been having a pretty good past few days, this journal was only started yetserday but today marks my 8th straight winning day and I am just slightly below 100 a day average, having netted 760 dollars over past 8 days. Prior to this 8 day winning streak I had nearly a 30 day loosing streak that cost me 3k. So trying to build it back up. I think this journal helped me some today. In the past after a big loss like I had this morning I would have went nuts and probalbly woudl have had a really big down day. Knowing people were reading this I held back from making TOO many stupid revenge trades in a row ;)

Day net +$86

#15     Jun 15, 2006

6. Bingo!.... I trade like my life depends on it when I think someone is watching, its like when I do bench press, when I am alone I can do 225, 4 times, when someone is watching I can do it 9-10 times. Its all psychological, I am going to start reading your thread everyday.

#16     Jun 15, 2006
  7. patiently waiting for a settup.... seems to not have any volatility here this morning... usually by now I would have jumped into a position just because I was bored... hopefully I remain relaxed and wait for a entry.

#17     Jun 19, 2006
  8. boro45

boro45

Frosty,

Went short at 9:17 (Central) at 11101. First half exit at 9:23 at 089. Second half still short.

#18     Jun 19, 2006
  9. wow, I am one hell of a jumpy trader ;)

Buy 1 Ym 11074
    Sold 1 YM 11077

Net +10 on the day...

I sell way too soon and for no reason, just afraid to loose big lately so if i'm even remotely unsure about a position I dump as soon as I have a small profit.. Oh well, a few dolllars is better than none.. it will all add up by the end of the day, but only getting 3 ticks on a trade is pretty BAD ;)

#19     Jun 19, 2006
  10. And jumpy strikes again :) oh well

Buy 1 YM 11079
    sold 1 YM 11089

Net today: +56

#20     Jun 19, 2006