Frosty's Discretionary Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by frostengine, Jan 15, 2008.

1. The strategy seems to be taking a bit of a beating right now.

#51     Mar 10, 2008
  2. Due to my rules AGN has hit the 5 day max holding period. Thus it will be closed at or around close tomorrow.

#52     Mar 10, 2008
  3. AGN should be closed today. However, due to changing market conditions I want to hold it until tomorrow to see if there is any follow through. Normally a bad idea to violate my trading rules. But how much can one day hurt ;)

#53     Mar 11, 2008
  4. BTW is anyone actually following this journal?

#54     Mar 11, 2008
  5. Since yesterday CMED closed above the previous days high I closed CMED out this morning at 38.92 which is a gain of: +8.6%

Closed AGN which I should have closed yestereday but I let it ride one more day sold at 55.90 which is a loss of -2.3%

I closed AXS also because it closed above its previous days high, sold at 36.36 which is a gain of + 2.8%
    9.1%
    I am still holding ALNY because no exit signal has been given yet.

Results so far:

Total Gain Since Starting Journal: +35.82%
    Return on Trading Equity so far (ROI): +8.95%
    9 winning trades 2 losing trade

#55     Mar 12, 2008
  6. yuri_g

yuri_g

Frosty, seems I am the only one watching this journal at the moment.

#56     Mar 12, 2008
  7. how do you find trading a multiday timeframe compared to intraday trades? its always been a key design element in anything that iv worked on that no unhedged positions would be held over night. i wonder if i am missing out on a lot of good strategies because of it.

#57     Mar 12, 2008
  8. Actually, you are the only COMMENTING on the journal. Plenty are WATCHING.

#58     Mar 12, 2008
  9. Walter,

I'm finding that using a multi day time frame.. even if its short like 1-5 days like i'm doing is a bit easier to profit than intraday. As I'm sure you know most of my automated trading strategies I have worked on in the past were all intraday strategies. This is really one of my first moves into a slightly longer time frame. I am not sure if its just the fact that this way slippage/commission is less of a factor... or if its related to I have a much larger pool of potential trades, so I can find the one matching what i'm looking for instead of being constrained to the specific stocks my intraday strategy is geared towards..Not sure which it is, just seems "easier"

#59     Mar 12, 2008
  10. yuri_g

yuri_g

I am sorry, I misspoke.

#60     Mar 12, 2008