Frosty's auto-trading bot goes live with REAL money

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by frostengine, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Gonz

Gonz

i mean screenshots of yr software, coz its wat attracts me... :D
    do u hv more since u hv added so many features since the last thread...

#51     Nov 18, 2006
  2. timbo

timbo

Gonz, get a life! Stop the bullshit.

#52     Nov 18, 2006

3. Nice work, and thanks for sharing. I'm sure these figures are per contract, but just want to clarify?

#53     Nov 18, 2006
  4. ElatedMaverick,

Yes the figures are for only 1 contract. My account size is still rather limited at the moment so 1 contract is all I feel safe having it trade.

#54     Nov 18, 2006
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Anyone that has a problem which days to trade is no trader. Deciding which days to trade is a joke, come on stick to your knitting and let the real traders to making the bacon.

Just reading this thread and all the idaes put forward to improve a system is living proff that if people would quit reinventing the wheel they would do themself a great favor. "Quit being your own worst enemy"

#55     Nov 18, 2006
  6. There is one change I decided to make permanent in the system from here on out. originally the system was designed to liquidate all open positions right at 3:00 central when the market closes. However, I was noticing a lot of trades were getting very crappy fills at that time and the market action generally got fairly choppy in those last few minutes.... So the system has been changed to liquidate at 2:40 central time instead...... Does not make a BIG change to overall system results but I do feel it is a good change...

The 2:40 time was really just picked out of thin air however.. I just knew that right at market close was not the best time to liquidate

#56     Nov 19, 2006
  7. i am thinkin' about implementin' a simple algo to trade the openin' range breakout on news stocks...somethin' that buys every few cents on the way up. i have it more or less figured out but still need to translate into a formula. looks like the way to go now with all that momo and very little time to send orders manually.

#57     Nov 19, 2006
  8. That's probably a pretty good time.

My cut-off (and walk-away) is 3:45pm ET, which is five minutes more (same diff).

JJ

#58     Nov 19, 2006
  9. rosy2

rosy2

what happens if the bot establishes a position and then there is a power outage and you lose connectivity? whats the fault tolerance?

#59     Nov 19, 2006
  10. Rosy2,

Good question.... at the moment I do not have much to protect myself in those situations.... and is actually one of my biggest fears with being live with real money.

The only way to really be protected from that is to host the bot in a data center....... This is more than likely what I will do eventually.........

For now.. all I can do is hope for the best...

#60     Nov 19, 2006