Frosty's auto-trading bot goes live with REAL money

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by frostengine, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Hey Frostengine,

Have you ever covered what features your program has? I read your prior thread about it, but I don't remember you ever listing off the features and what it's capable of. Would you mind giving some insight into that?

Thanks!

TNG

#41     Nov 17, 2006
  2. You never ask a woman how much she weighs, and you should'nt ask a trader how he trades :D

#42     Nov 17, 2006
  3. Was that in reference to my question?

Thanks,

TNG

#43     Nov 17, 2006
  4. Im just kidding around. He might answer your question. Personally I would'nt even admit to having a working system if I had one.

#44     Nov 17, 2006
  5. Haha I know... He originally started this project as "free backtesting software for IB" for everyone to use... maybe I should be more clear. I wondering particulars of the backtesting part, not of the ATS part.... :D

Thanks!

TNG

#45     Nov 17, 2006
  6. TheNewGuy,

I am assuming you are refering to my actual application and not my strategy. I believe walter may have thought you had asked about the strategy itself and not just the backtesting/automated software.

I have no problem telling about the features of my software program, however this thread is not the place to go into too much detail.

Here is just a quick overview of some of the more important features of the software application. If you want more details, then I can post that in my thread on that subject:

1. Tick chart, volume chart, time chart from 1 sec to x..., and momentum charting capabilities.

2. Tick by tick replay system to replay any recorded day in real time

3. Backtesting capability using captured tick data

4. Hands free automating of a strategy

5. several buit in scripting languages for users to develop strategies with

6. several built in functions to make creating strategies easy even without much prior programming experience

7. A dozen or so built in indicators with ability to add any number of indicators through the scripting languages

That is the overview of the most important features of the application. Like I said if you want more details I will be happy to provide them but in the other thread.

BTW After much thought I decided to once again run my strategy today.... even though historically friday's are the worst day for my system...... It currently has made one trade, and is short at the moment.. currently in the Green by about $130..... a LONG day left.. so no telling how it will play out

#46     Nov 17, 2006
  7. Gonz

Gonz

can u throw in some screenshot for us to see.. every1 love screenshot... :D

#47     Nov 17, 2006
  8. Sounds very cool. Sorry (and to Walter) for the confusion and thanks for the overview!

Good luck with your ATS....

TNG

#48     Nov 17, 2006
  9. gonz,

Screenshots of the software program, or screenshots of the daily P/L from the system?

If your looking for screenshots of the software program I refer you to my previous thread. There are a few screenshots there...A link can be found on page 1 or 2 of this thread.

#49     Nov 17, 2006
  10. Bot has closed for the day, it scored $95 on 3 trades.....

So totals for its first live week is:

Day 1: +$1,450
    Day2: +$40
    Day3: -$344
    Day4: +95

Total: +$1,241

So I am very pleased with the first week of trading..... With next week being thanksgiving and all... not sure what days I will run it.... I am assuming the market conditions wont be good for it... but may still run it anyway...

#50     Nov 17, 2006