FRONTLINE: Putin’s Road to War

Discussion in 'Economics' started by savoir, Mar 16, 2022.

1. savoir

savoir

piezoe, fan27 and SunTrader like this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

video unavailable.

censored?
    banned?
    prohibited?

gkishot likes this.
  3. virtusa

virtusa

Not blocked. I can see the full video.

4. Fonz

Fonz

Perhaps available in the US only, as it is from PBS. If it is the case, you could use a VPN.

Fx-Game and gkishot like this.
  5. virtusa

virtusa

I am not in the US. I used a VPN server in Switzerland and could see the video.

6. piezoe

piezoe

This look at Putin history reinforces what a number of us have been saying about Putin's motive for going into Ukraine. He doesn't like NATO of course. But the fundamental reason he attacked Ukraine is Not that he couldn't tolerate one more NATO Nation on Russia's doorstep. In realty one more NATO nation bordering Russia would not make any significant difference to Russia's security. The real reason he sees Ukraine joining NATO as unacceptable is because that would close the door on his dream of reconnecting Russia and "The Ukraine" as one country. He cannot, and does not, accept what to him is "The Ukraine Region" of Russia as a separate nation.

Donald Trump not being re-elected must have been a serious blow to Putin. Trump's rhetoric must have given Putin hope that Trump, once re-elected, would pull the U.S. out of NATO -- a difficult task without Congress's acquiescence -- making his plan far easier to accomplish. We saw how Trump ignored Congress's appropriation of money for Javelins to be sent to Ukraine until Congress forced Trump's hand. Obviously Trump was a dream come true for Putin's plans. With Trump's re-election having failed and The Ukraine indicating they wanted to join both the EU and NATO, Putin must have thought "it's now or never, this is the best opportunity I'm likely to get to take over The Ukraine ". Putin, however, badly misjudged both the determination of the Ukrainian people and the ability of the NATO nations to galvanize the other nations of the world against Russia's invasion. We don't know how this war will end. We do know that there is going to be senseless and terrible suffering, great loss of lives, and unconscionable destruction. We do know Putin is a monster who must be stopped.

Pekelo, SunTrader, newwurldmn and 2 others like this.
  7. virtusa

virtusa

I hope Trump will not be relected next time, because that would be a huge danger for the US and also for the rest of the world. Trump was and is a puppet controled by Putin.
    Trump does not want to make America great again, he will sell it to Putin for billions personal profit. I hope the Trump voters will realize that they risk their life and safety when voting for Trump again.

Trump indeed blocked militairy help to Ukraine.
    Trump tried to organize conflicts between groups of Americans so that the US would become weaker.
    Trump organized the riots and attack on Capitol Hill.

Germany has Schröder who is on the paylist of Putin, and who is destroying German interests. He forced the Nordstream 1 contract which made Germany depending of Russia gas. He comitted treason for $$$.
    The US has Trump who is on the paylist of Putin, and who is destroying American interests. He will commit treason too for $$$.

When Yanukovich was kicked out of Ukraine in 2013, I told to many people that Putin is the most dangerous man on earth. Most people just ignored what I said. Today I think almost everybody agrees with what I told in 2013.

Laissez Faire, piezoe and Fonz like this.
  8. gkishot

gkishot

I never heard Biden or Democrats condemning BLM rioting, burning and ransacking of American businesses. America is still a NATO member under Biden, why hasn't this deter Putin?

9. virtusa

virtusa

Can you explain me how he should do that?

You sound like Trump: critics on all other people while he did not do anything too when he was President.

Correction: Trump did a few things:
    • Block military aid to Ukraine by blackmailing them. This made Putin's position stronger.
    • Trump believed Putin more about the accusations of manipulating the US elections. Trump did not believe his own people. This made Putin's position stronger.
    • Organize riots at Capitol Hill, weakening/destabilizing the US. This made Putin's position stronger.
    This shows how happy the Russians were when their puppet was elected.

You are :
    • or a Putin fan
    • or too stupid to understand what happened.

Fonz likes this.
  10. gkishot

gkishot

How should be Biden condemning the riots? Why don't we hear from BLM after Biden was elected? Was it the whole purpose of their anarchy? No wonder then Biden and other Dems were silent.

#10     Mar 20, 2022