Front Running Predatory Programs Need To End!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nofear777, Oct 13, 2010.

1. what?

adding = no front running

taking = yes front running

ass backward post is ass backward post

#31     Oct 14, 2010
  2. The obvious solutions:

scalping may be dead. Try upping the time scale. Having a $20K account and trying to do fractions of a penny is probably a doomed business. It was hard enough in the pre-HFT days to overcome slippage, commissions and other problems.

Use limit orders. Market orders are asking to be abused.

An edge is not guaranteed to last. Complaining about the unfairness of it all is not going to change anything. The genie is out of the bottle. If it is not front running, it will be something else. The markets are becoming more chopped, more arbed and more efficient all the time. Adapt or become a sim trader again.

#32     Oct 14, 2010
  3. whatever you say pal, you've been batting zero all this time, why stop now

#33     Oct 14, 2010

4. could have told you this years ago, and did.

that said, scalping is actually not dead, but its a lot more work and a royal pain in the ass. If the markets were as slow as the ET servers, we'd all be rich. Here, have a few freebees on me.,

You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.

#34     Oct 14, 2010
  5. Okay, I'll get right on this in the morning.

My dad used to have a rule in his business that pissed a lot of people off but made perfect sense. If you have an issue or upset then talk to someone who can solve your problem otherwise shut the fuck up. The idea was to not allow one employee to bitch and moan to 5 others and hence end up with 6 whinners, 5 of which don't even know why they're upset, and none any closer to a solution than when they started.

So I would ask you to call the SEC and whomever else you feel could resolve this issue or shaddup.

p.s. As a daytrader I have not noticed any ill effects of HFT. I also happen to know a couple of people who work for HFT firms and they aren't allowed to say much, but those I know tell me they only work very liquid stocks. You say you're trading thin stocks. Hmmm. Thats what I trade too. Makes you wonder, huh?

#35     Oct 14, 2010
  6. I have traded stocks, futures, and options. On liquid stocks or futures, I can either do limit or market orders, and get a reasonable fill. Only in options, do I see rip off prices if you were to do a market order

If I think a stock or future is about to take off or crash down, I will either do a market order or place the order limit 1 penny or 1 tick above current price.

What seems to me is that you are trying to get between the bid and the ask at a perfect price, and yes, that is how the market makers make profit or the bots are doing it, and they don't want you to make money that way. However, if you go for .05 to .10 or more profit on a stock, and 1 - 2 points for ES, then you should not have a problem.

#36     Oct 14, 2010
  7. liffe euribor strip is a complete joke.

im trying to hit a bid or offer for a 100 lots.

the size is 5 to 10 thousand lots bid or offered.

i cant even get a 1 lot done.

its a joke.

for all the reported volume which seems to be bullshit anyway there

has never been such a lack of liquidity or lack of depth to the order

books.

#37     Oct 14, 2010
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

You stock traders need to do something about this... I would go completely nuts seeing size disappearing when I try to remove it or seeing someone gaining priority over me for no reason when I am adding liquidity. It has never happened on US futures market.

Again, it has nothing to do with speed, it's about access to order flow. This is a real scam.

#38     Oct 14, 2010
  9. I understand the frustrations but I dont see anything illegal about HFT's.

HFTs are not like insider trading etc because they aren't doing anything that the public cant do.Everyone here has the opportunity to become or recruit math geeks and buy and program the same equipment that the HFT's are using.

If a trader has access to info that the public doesn't have then its unfair imo.Thats not the case with HFT's

#39     Oct 14, 2010
  10. Please explain how you could frontrun a non-marketable order?

#40     Oct 14, 2010