Front-end with API

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dmitriyf, Aug 25, 2005.

1. dmitriyf

dmitriyf

Many vendors provide API to connect custom made Front-Ends to their execution system/quote streams. Is there anything wise versa. So, I have a front-end which I may connect through different adaptors to different API?

Thanks.

2. What exactly do you want?

Do you want to build your own front end and target different APIs, then check out:

www.trademagic.net

if you want to execute through different API (brokers) via one front end then check out:

www.ninjatrader.com

3. Xenia

Xenia

NinjaTrader connects to TWS_Server, PATS_Server and XT_Server (coming soon).

4. Actually the Trading Technologies interface will not be available until the next release. MB Trading is supported as well.

The TradeMagic framework does support eSignal, DTNIQ and TrackData also. It is free to use for personal projects.

5. dmitriyf

dmitriyf

OK. I see the point. Basically let say I have an execution system (over FIX protocol) and want to have just Front-End, which will be connected to the system. The idea was to take any available FrontEnd which communicates through published API and write "converter from that API to FIX".
    NinjaTrader uses TradeMagic's connectivity to existing execution system, where I basically want to cut.
    Anything on that side?
    Thanks.