Front end for IB

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by bloomberg1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. maxinger

maxinger

you probably want to try different trading platform.
    There are many platforms that offer ONE CLICK function with attached BRACKET orders.

In trading, speed is of paramount importance and we can't afford to click multiple times.

#11     Aug 13, 2019
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    #12     Aug 13, 2019
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Most Futures Software have conditional orders. If you are open to moving, we have them on both Reatlick and CQG QTrader & Desktop.

#13     Aug 13, 2019
  4. with all due respect, but this looks like the work of a total amateur, a bit of Winform magic, really nothing worth writing home about, certainly not 3 lines of code. You still did not provide any line of code how you maintain a proper connection to IB.

#14     Aug 13, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  5. kashirin

kashirin

your comprehension skills beyond reparable. no wonder you cannot even trade you micro demo account without daily washout

he just needs to fire his bracket order fast. what daily resets or power outages?
    he doesn't need to maintain connection, he is not going to leave his trading station unattended

I'm not here to give lessons or prove anything as you definitely don't have that kind of cash (or most likely no cash at all living in your mom's basement) so I would interested to transfer my knowledge to you

#15     Aug 13, 2019
  6. #16     Aug 13, 2019
    lindq, tommcginnis and bloomberg1 like this.
  7. is there a risk using this front end vs. IB Bracket orders, seem similar?

#17     Aug 13, 2019
  8. d08

d08

Exactly. Anything worth using has more than a few lines of code. A simple connection and disconnection to IB is at minimum two lines of code and a realistic usage scenario more like 30 lines of code (checking if connection successful, retrying, getting next order ID etc).
    Proof of concept does not equal an usable GUI.

#18     Aug 13, 2019
  9. Another idiot makes it onto my ignore list. It's not single posts that cause this decision. It's when a poster clearly articulates that he most likely will not add any future value to my skill set or knowledge repository.

#19     Aug 13, 2019
  10. My IB api wrapper has more than 300 lines of code only to manage stable connectivity. I just checked this afternoon. I trade unattended and hence I leave nothing to chance.

#20     Aug 13, 2019
    pstrusi likes this.