From zero to supertrader :)

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, Jul 31, 2020.

1. If they do the slightest amount of research on you, they will. And you can bet the pennies you do have that they will know what color your underwear was on your third birthday and what your embarrassing nickname was in school - before they give you any significant of money.

Just FYI: anyone who talks so much about what they have instead of a) researching what they need to do and b) doing it every waking moment until they succeed is not a person that money people are likely to take a risk on. But hey, I'd be the last to discourage anyone - so good luck. I'd love to be proven wrong about you.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    #11     Jul 31, 2020
    guru likes this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

i am a super trader

i make super big losses

#12     Jul 31, 2020
    BlueWaterSailor, Nobert and trend2009 like this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

Trump money's everything

#13     Jul 31, 2020
  4. Just so you know: I've been researching this crap for over 10 years. You just can't pull this sort of thing out of a hat. Over time I went from not having a clue to figuring out my strategies / models lose money, to making them lose less to barely profitable to not long ago coming up with a pricing model and strategy that seems profitable (quantsy stuff more like confluent hypergeometric function of the first kind than 200 days moving average), but not quite good enough although worst case I'm falling back to it. And now this new one that seems *very* profitable but have to run more tests.

Like: with the same params and indicators, test on a larger set of underliers and time ranges. So far premilinary tests went very well from the 1st underlier I calibrated it on to 20 underliers with degrees of correlation varying between "very" to "low" to "anti". So now I'm extending the test even more on >200 underliers but will take some time to import and prepare the data.

Then I wanna tweak the risk parameters a bit more to have a much better picture of what's the worst that can happen.

And if all goes well, I'm gonna implement a paper trading system for it hooked to Interactive Brokers so I operate with live data. For confidentiality, I won't request executions through their system (have done so in the past and got the code for it) but simulate them myself, so my strategy is invisible to them.

And if it holds (and it should), then I really need to look into finding an associate and scaling this up. I don't live in Elbonia (muddy 3rd word country) but still haven't enough money to start this up by myself. Probably $100k would do for a start, and for that associate $100k should be as risky as it's $10k for me (I'd be contributing that too).

Actually if I'm to do this, I'd associate from the paper trading moment. So the associate gets the exact knowledge that I use and is in full awareness of why it works and what's the risk. And of the potential for scaling this stuff up to $10MM-$100MM. That's the target and if the strategy can't scale up to that it's not worth doing it in the first place.

#14     Aug 1, 2020
    ironchef likes this.
  5. ironchef

ironchef

@Aquarians your perseverance is admirable. After 10 years I hope this time it is for real.

If I were in your shoes, I would have given up a long time ago.

Good luck.

#15     Aug 1, 2020
  6. Yeah. And you're still missing the point - which is something like 99% of what you need to get your seed capital. You keep hammering on about this amazing technical miracle you've created... have you noticed that, somehow, the world has failed to beat a path to your door - even though you've supposedly built this great mousetrap? Have you ever considered why that might be the case?

Oh, well. Like I said: good luck to you.

#16     Aug 2, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  7. BBSLamer

BBSLamer

PM your strategy to me. If it succeeds in the rigorous backtesting I put it through, I will happily fund this venture. Any member on this board would do the same I presume.

But I suspect you will be too guarded over your secret sauce to ever allow yourself to share your strategy, and that's why you will never get funded.

#17     Aug 2, 2020
    BlueWaterSailor likes this.
  8. Regardless of how good is the system on paper, I suggest you find ways to get the initial capital to trade first.

Money is the blood of traders, you'll need money to make money in this game.

#18     Aug 6, 2020
  9. ironchef

ironchef

Both your response and OP's original request are not realistic. In an anonymous forum no one is going to PM you their secret source without knowing anything about you or any assurances just like no one will commit capital without any demo of efficacy.

A suggestion for @Aquarians: Maybe you can start a journal and post your trades/calls, or start a thread in Trading (or Options) and post your trades. That is what @KCalhoun have done. I may not agree with his trading methodology but I applaud his willingness to stick his neck out to make those calls.

$100K is not a big sum, if your method demonstrates efficacy many here are more than happy to participate.

#19     Aug 6, 2020