From Zero to Hero: A trader's journey to understand and use price action mechanics for long-term suc

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by TheAlgoAce, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Hello all,

I am someone who recently made a lot of money in the crypto market but unfortunately lost all of my capital due to a lack of risk management. I am now focused on long-term capital growth and implementing risk management strategies to achieve my future goals.

I am reaching out to this community in search of guidance and advice on understanding and utilizing price action mechanics in my trading. I am open and willing to learn, and I am hoping to find individuals who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with me.

I know that my past mistakes were costly, but I am determined to turn things around and become a successful trader. I am looking forward to engaging with this community and growing together as traders.

If anyone has any resources or tips on price action mechanics, please feel free to share them with me. Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely,The Algo Ace[​IMG]

murray t turtle, Axon and MarkBrown like this.
  2. speedo

speedo

3. volpri

volpri

First thing get rid of the algo.

PS if you don’t understand probably no one has time to try and convince you.

Nobert likes this.
  4. You lost money because of poor risk management.... wouldn't it make more sense to understand that better first?

GAT

5. deaddog

deaddog

Maybe walk us through that process.
    How did you make your money and what was your thought process as you watched it disappear?
    What do you mean by long term capital growth? What type of trading are you hoping to do?
    You can grow your capital by day trading, swing trading, position trading or buy and hope.

TheAlgoAce and gkishot like this.
  6. I rarely post here. The reason being pretty much every question has been asked and answered 1000 times. I recommend the search function, it will keep you busy for quite a while.
    That and read Reminicents of a Stock Operator. :)

Tradess0610, Laissez Faire and Nobert like this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

I am someone who recently made a lot of money in the crypto market but unfortunately lost all of my capital due to a lack of risk management. I am now focused on long-term capital growth and implementing risk management strategies to achieve my future goals.

I am reaching out to this community in search of guidance and advice on understanding and utilizing price action mechanics in my trading. I am open and willing to learn, and I am hoping to find individuals who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with me.

I know that my past mistakes were costly, but I am determined to turn things around and become a successful trader. I am looking forward to engaging with this community and growing together as traders.

If anyone has any resources or tips on price action mechanics, please feel free to share them with me. Thank you in advance for your help and support.

the biggest biggest problem is that you are very confused.

You knew how to make tons of money from the crypto market.
    the major problem was the lack of risk management.

Instead of focusing on risk management,
    you wanted to change direction and focus on long-term capital growth.
    And you also wanted to focus on price action mechanics.

It seems like you know where you are heading.
    It also seems like you don't know where you are heading.

Go clear your mind and tell us what you should be focusing on.

8. easymon1

easymon1

9. What instruments do you want to trade?
    What strategy, what timeframe?

Do you have another primary source of income to support you while you study&learn?

10. %%
    YES;
    because if the fundamentals are lousy+ the technicals are lousy\ that could help lose capital more slowly + maybe enough time to learn to earn+ find some good trends.
    IF i dont know how to read instructions on rat poison or instructions on rice package;'' i dont have time to explain it , sorry.''

#10     Jan 19, 2023