From Reagan to Trump: Here's how stocks performed under each president

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RedDuke, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

That's been a consistent trend....just do a little research.

#21     Aug 14, 2019
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Some of those employees, at the highest levels, can act as unelected officials and influence and craft policy in ways that non-Federal employees never could.

#22     Aug 14, 2019
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Liiiiiiiiarrrrrrr. :rolleyes: It's one thing being pathetic,:confused: it's another to dance around with it.
    What are you going to do now, eh? Insist that you're not reading this right now?
    You are a discredited lying troll.

:D

Your claim that 85% of Fed employees donated to Hillary remains unsupported.
    (As you know, your upping that to 95% is nothing more than your attribution of an un-related *survey* , fergawdsakes. How are you not embarrassed? Do you think everyone should just bow down to your internet scummery-posts? :rolleyes:)

In the meantime, of the US$Billions of dollars spent on the 2016 election, you think we should be troubled by what was attributed to *some* Federal Reserve employees going to ol' Hillary Rodham: a total of $41k -- a rough 2/3rds of the $60k total. You are a joke. In an organization of 20 THOUSAND+ employees, $2, of the $3-per-employee on average, went to Hitlary.

You are either a complete TROLL, or (perhaps much worse and sadder...) you have no conception of how lame your leaping from unrelated numbers to outlandish conclusions makes you [and those that you tout] appear.

"Dude!" I know, right? :(
    "Did you mention that of 6 Republican candidates who received Fed employee dollars, Thrump placed 4th?" I knowwwww, I know... :confused::(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    #23     Aug 14, 2019
  4. Sig

Sig

You presented a sample set of that showed at most a small fraction of a percent of Fed employees had donated a meaningless sum of money as "proof" that the 20,000 person organization as a whole was biased toward democrats. Good that we all agree that was statistically a ridiculous assertion.
    Now you're apparently pointing out that some Fed employees could, if they wanted to, influence policy in a way that non-Federal (sic, I think you must have meant Fed vice Federal?) employees could not. First off, ok, sure. No one is debating that Fed employees influence policy, for many it's their freaking stated job! In fact, this basic civics lesson apparently comes as a surprise to you, but its the job of federal employees (and state and local) at every level to craft and implement policy. Has been since the founding of the country.
    It's hard to tell, but you seem to be saying that the 41 people who donated meaningless sums of money to the 2016 election cycle are THE 41 out of 20,000 who alone craft the majority of fed policy, an assertion that is completely unsupported by the data you provided. Do yourself a favor, take a stats class. Then start actually looking at the numbers behind the headlines you read, actually clicking through the links you post and thinking about the underlying data. I know, a big ask, but you'll thank yourself for it when you get to have intelligent conversations with the grownups in the room.

#24     Aug 14, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. KeLo

KeLo

This includes at least two regional Fed Presidents like Brainard and the Dallas Fed Chief. People who have power.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/29/top...onation-puts-fed-in-political-crosshairs.html

https://freebeacon.com/politics/federal-reserve-bank-dallas-president-max-donor-clinton-campaign/

The campaign contributions demonstrate the culture of the so-called NON-POLITICAL Fed.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    #25     Aug 14, 2019
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

#26     Aug 14, 2019
  7. Sig

Sig

So now we're engaged in "I formed an opinion based on information that turned out not to say what I thought it did, so now I'm going to search for confirming information for that original opinion instead of thinking about why I came to that opinion in the first place"?
    Again, of freaking course Fed staff are going to have personal political opinions. Given that there are more Democrats than Republicans in the U.S., it's not even surprising that that a representative organization of any kind would have more Democrats than Republicans, in fact it would indicate "bias" in your limited statistics world if they were even, wouldn't it? Given that there's no law against private political donations, again it's wild and completely unsupported to come to your apparent conclusion that the Fed is politically biased by either your earlier source or the donation of a single individual.
    And let's go a bit further and think a bit about this entire bullshit narrative of Trump's that you're parroting that anyone who isn't a card carrying dyed in the wool Republican is automatically and irretrievably biased and bad, be they a judge, a federal employee, or a journalist, and anything they do is somehow tainted and illegitimate. While the same automatic bias by the other side what, doesn't exist, isn't a problem? That's a massive load of projection. Turns out that while you or he may not be able to separate your personal political views from your ability to do your job, the vast majority of the rest of us can.

#27     Aug 14, 2019
    RedDuke and tommcginnis like this.
  8. %%
    And even that small sample shows how little harm a capital/capitalist hating Pres can do;
    + how little harm a read my lips ,no new taxes Pres can do.LOL Who besides CNN says 1987 was a failure?? Short sellers liked it +bottom feeders liked it.....................................:D:D, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#28     Aug 14, 2019
    dozu888 likes this.
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Hey hey hey! *I* am a card-carrying dyed-in-the-wool Republican, and have been for 35+ years, and found The Orange Menace to be a reprehensible DoucheBagToTheMax from the time his puss first leaked onto the public stage-- that same 35+ years ago. CRETIN. He was for me, the very *embodiment* of all that is wrong in human culture, and NOTHING about that has changed -- even a teensy bit. Transparent ugly cartoon of a man/husband/father/human. WHY is anyone surprised at his behavior? I just DO NOT know.....
    BUT I DO KNOW that this raging turdburger IS NO REPUBLICAN.

#29     Aug 14, 2019
  10. Sig

Sig

I'm with you except...are you really a Republican? I mean Trump's approval is over 70% among Republicans. I think you're a conservative, but your party's been hijacked from you and those like you. And in all sincerity I wish you the best of luck in getting it back! By the way, I once called myself a Republican as well. In fact given the topic, the only political candidate I've ever donated money to was John McCain in his primary run against Bush. I guess by @KeLo standards that would make me biased, except its for his team so it's not bias, except Trump hates McCain despite him being dead so he's bad.....wtf, I just can't even try to get inside that thought process

#30     Aug 14, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.