From Reagan to Trump: Here's how stocks performed under each president

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RedDuke, Aug 13, 2019.

1. gkishot

gkishot

I see no economic reason why stock market should perform better under business unfriendly democrats.

#11     Aug 13, 2019
    smallfil likes this.
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

So you are saying 100oercent of the rally under trump is Obama’s credit?

#12     Aug 13, 2019
    DaveV likes this.
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Absolutely not. Where did I say anything like that? That's quite a non sequitur. The market has gone up with rising interest rates under Trump...Obama needed ZIRP and tons of QE.

I simply said the current president isn't 100% responsible for what goes in his administration...there's previous policies...as well as things completely outside their control (like Clinton getting to ride the internet/tech bubble).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    #13     Aug 13, 2019
  4. DaveV

DaveV

#14     Aug 13, 2019
  5. Peter10

Peter10

If Trump see this, He will scream "FAKE NEWS"

#15     Aug 14, 2019
  6. KeLo

KeLo

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    #16     Aug 14, 2019
    MKTrader and smallfil like this.
  7. DaveV

DaveV

The Democrats had been in power for 8 years. One would expect most of the Fed officers and employees to be Democrats.

#17     Aug 14, 2019
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Trolling again, eh?
    Cite your numbers, Joker: show this "85%" -- YOU show the table.

#18     Aug 14, 2019
  9. KeLo

KeLo

Correction: My 85% number for Fed donations to Hillary was incorrect. Actually 95% gave to Hillary, according to The Hill. Picture enlarged is poor quality.

Also see here:
    https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000043326&cycle=2016

P.S. tommymcginnis:
    Just in case you are here trolling me, I blocked you last night, so I cannot see your posts. :D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    #19     Aug 14, 2019
  10. Sig

Sig

So a total of $83,270 (I know that's a lot of money to some folks, but it's a minute fraction of a fraction of a percent of total political donations). On a chart listing contributions of $2,000 or more, that makes what, a maximum of 41 people in an organization of 20,000+ employees. I'll do the math there, that's .205% of employees. And you're using that to make an inference of the political leaning of the entire organization? The only legitimate takeaway from that data is that Fed employees are pretty much completely un-involved in political donations. Any other conclusion is an abject failure to understand the most basic tenants of statistics.

#20     Aug 14, 2019