From Prop firm to prop trading for a Hedgefund

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Cre8UrF8, May 18, 2005.

1. 100% payout. maybe being a somebody at a prop, and nobody at a hedge fund.

above all, hedge funds are not stupid if a guy starts making over 2 mil a year, there is no way they will let him/her take 90% home.
    how would the other guys making multiple of that and taking home the same feel? let say one does graduate to trade for the fund, the terms are going to change drastically. thats why the money makers are better off at prop.

#31     May 19, 2005
  2. NKNY

NKNY

I like the sipc protection for my deposit. I hold trades for weeks at a time so I was wondering what the overnight leverage is with them.

I really don't even like to use leverage but I'm a little cash tight right now... I should be freeing up some capital in 4 to 6 weeks. Problem is I will need most of it again late summer for another project and will probably be in a cash crunch for an additional 9 months after that.

I was planning to commit 100K to trading my newest model with norm leverage but would actually rather start with 50K and 3:1 lev if my account is sipc insured.

Also, could you tell me if they pressure you to trade frequently at this firm.

Thanks

Nick

#32     May 30, 2005
  3. echo pressured me to trade more..but i figured that was because the mgr that i traded allegedly under had a serious gambling problem.

#33     May 30, 2005
  4. NKNY

NKNY

Hi Hydro...

could you elaborate on the additional systems with the 80/20 split please.

I'm assuming they are only interested in daytraders when you trade with the 99% payout since they make most of their money from your commish.

What about a place that doesn't care if your a longer term trader because it makes money offa bigger split of the traders earnings as opposed to the commish.

Nick

#34     May 30, 2005
  5. They have a few automated systems that can be used to jump at opportunities (pair trading, momentum/breakouts) but these do require the trader to be skillful in quickly monitoring and closing the positions out. Kinda like a hybrid trader. They also have a first call service, and it's a real first call not a www.tradethenews.com or the alike. Trading either of these have 80/20 split (trader/hedge fund).

Whatever other trading you do gets the 99% and market commission rates. So you can go in just doing your own daytrading but the opportunity to advance to other strategies & systems is there. That's the kind of people they want, ones that want to learn, expand & grow. They got a few serious big hitters also, both discretionary & fully automated.

#35     May 31, 2005
  6. NKNY

NKNY

Sounds like the the kind of place I would like to be If I was daytrading.

Any idea of a firm that will allow position trading with an sipc deposit account and 3:1 leverage for overnights.

Thanks

Nick

#36     May 31, 2005
  7. NKNY

NKNY

Well I got a few PM's (thanks for the PM's BTW) and apparently if your money is in an sipc account your going to get your regular 2:1 overnight and 4:1 intraday. I have not been able to find a situation as the original post in this thread suggested....

Nick

#37     May 31, 2005
  8. NKNY

NKNY

I think you got the threads confused...shouldn't you post the pics in the thread asking what prop firms look like....lol

nick

#38     May 31, 2005
  9. domi93

domi93

Ups, My bad
    :D :D

#39     May 31, 2005
  10. NKNY

NKNY

lol......I see you found the proper thread...:D

#40     May 31, 2005