From poker player to stock trader.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by RYL, Apr 1, 2005.

1. I wear sunglasses and a panama hat when I trade so nobody can read my face.

#41     Apr 13, 2005
  2. falcon232

falcon232

I also have yet to be profitable with my trading, even though it has been almost 2 years since I started (I blame dishonest signal providers for the most part).
    I use the money I make playing poker to fund my platform. The cash flow through my computer is remarkable.

#42     Apr 13, 2005
  3. I have played live poker and all you "sharks" claiming all these NL online wins and long term plays are full of crap! Only a moron would take your claims for granted!
    Go play big NL games live and I bet you are way below the stats you claim. Of course there is no way to substantiate these claims like in trading you supply verifiable broker statement (the only sure claim!)
    Money talks and as usual bullshit walks.
    First of all big multi hand NL games are full of cheaters (colluders). 1 on 1 games are doable but you would not make that much and surely eventually someone would clean you out. If you are this good forget about trading - win the WSOP!

#43     Apr 13, 2005
  4. sammybea

sammybea

Actually its VERY easy to verify.. But I doubt these guys will step up to the challenge.

1. Let us know your poker name before you sit on a table or tell us what time you will be sitting on a table.

2. And anyone can check their records on www.pokerprohecy.com. It gives a comprehensive history of that player.

#44     Apr 13, 2005
  5. Are you saying dafuggin is hitman? BTW what happened to hitman after it appeared that he left trading to get a job?

#45     Apr 13, 2005
  6. traderob

traderob

I have a program for party poker that lists every tournament game played their for the last 4 months, I can put in anyones name and get how many games they won and what size table.

#46     Apr 13, 2005
  7. NL touney is not the same as live poker.

#47     Apr 13, 2005
  8. You should know that one game result is bullshit. Even one week is bullshit. Cards run in streaks and luck is a major factor. I like to know what you do for a year or more and what is your EV for an hour. Of course most good players lie sometimes so why should not the ET tall tales be any different.

#48     Apr 13, 2005
  9. PACIFIC POKER is full off collusion and the worst place to play.

Sorry I know this is out of context but I thought I would just share that so no one from ET gets burned there.

I highly recommend Poker Stars and Poker Mountain as the safest place to play.

I play mostly heads up these days but I also like small multi player tourneys.

Heads up is the safest way to go.

#49     Apr 14, 2005
  10. He's definitely not Hitman, but that quote did come from Hitman's last journal before he went AWOL.

Hit List Weekly Report 2003: The Saga Continues

Dafugginman's journal was on Hitman's old MSN group (elitetraderuncencored) which was deleted awhile ago.

#50     Apr 15, 2005