From CEO to pizza delivery driver

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Roman Candle, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Evidently, in an attempt to soar with the eagles....he tripped over a black swan.

#51     Mar 21, 2009
  2. Given that this fellow went through $600,000 dollars 500 + credit card over 4 years...it seems that this guy (family) continued to live "like Riley" and he finally came to the conclusion...if I'm going down, everybody is going down with me, hence no mortgage payments (squatting) and outstanding credit card debt....

He has blown any chance of ever establishing good credit again for at least 7 to 10 years....and getting sufficient deposit for another house seems almost impossible for a very long time, let alone getting a mortgage.

I hope something works out for him. I have a feeling that, unless his wife is special,he will lose her and the kids.

#52     Mar 21, 2009
  3. I think you're right.

#53     Mar 21, 2009
  4. eagle

eagle

Yep. I still not get the whole story clear. Overconfident - to think that failure is an unknown thing for me. That's a suicide.

The good side of the story is that, as some guys already mentioned, right now he is doing everything that is legal to support his family. Thats show a very responsible man.

The bad side of the story is that, is it smart or dumb move to make his story public? Sounds more dumb than smart, people will look down on him especially by just looking the title of this thread.

#54     Mar 21, 2009
  5. If he would have spent 25k on some gold coins as an insurance 10 years ago he'd be debt free today....

#55     Mar 21, 2009
  6. Why does everyone keep saying 'unless he's lucky, he'll lose his wife and kids...'???

Since when did we accept the notion that only a special wife would not stick by her husband during life's ups and downs?

I'd have thought that such loyalty, especially where a couple have children, should be the expected norm, rather than a laudable exception.

Besides, his wife can also get a job, to help put food on the table, and pay the utility bills, right?

I mean, if he can take on the indignity of delivering pizzas given how far he's fallen, she can get a waitressing or bartending job, no?

#56     Mar 21, 2009
  7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Thank you. And hat's off to all 'doers'....

#57     Mar 21, 2009
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Meaning no disrespect, but you're either not married, or are married to the kind of woman the rest of us could only dream about. Go find yer woman and make passionate passionate love to her right now.

#58     Mar 21, 2009
  9. ..and pass the hat for those that put themselves and others at risk without implementing safeguards.

Napoleon Hill wouldn't advocate a blind charge.

#59     Mar 21, 2009
  10. No...not that easy getting any job in Tampa....my thought is that she can run a shift with her husband so that they are effectively working seven days a week...one looks after the kids , unless there are relatives that can help, while the other works.

Incidently, I don't recall if the article mentioned the kid's ages...

My point about being a "special" wife is that her world has been turned upside down and it will be very difficult to adjust as she will looking at the future as hopeless and sleeping with the guilty party. Hope family can assist them.

Moving from that house will be traumatic...

Maybe, just maybe , he can "fall" on his feet if he has any alternative skills and be given a chance.

#60     Mar 21, 2009