From CEO to pizza delivery driver

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Roman Candle, Mar 20, 2009.

1. JB3

JB3

If you haven't noticed, Hedge Funds are not exactly hiring...as a matter of fact, there is a recent news report that many MBA managers who got let go by financial instituations cannot find jobs because they are overqualified for most other jobs. And these guys have years of experience, and hard working...but the financial business is just cutting left and right, and not hiring.

Do you really think this guy wouldn't take a higher paying job instead of delivering pizza? That's about as real of a job as you can get. I'm sure he would like to get an office job but who would hire a guy would was making $750K, and has a MBA from UCLA. Would you if you were looking to fill some entry position?

#21     Mar 20, 2009
  2. new$

new$

Should have done it on Wall St- could have got in on BILLIONS.
    :cool: :cool:

#22     Mar 20, 2009
  3. mschey, Brandonf, JB3

The guy has a wife, a family to support, and everything that goes along with that.

So he took an ill-considered gamble, blew threw funds that should have been used to insure the well-being of the people he supposdely loves most in the world, has gone deeply into debt to the tune of $100,000 using credit cards and has not paid his rent/mortgage for God knows how lng.

I see absolutely nothing that is admirable about the scenario that I just described.

If anything he appears to be a fool who did not know how lucky he had it when everything was going his way, and instead of shoring up against the lean years has totally destroyed what good things he had (from a material perspective).

Lotto player indeed.

#23     Mar 21, 2009
  4. bathrobe

bathrobe

I feel very bad for the man and his family, my family had a reversal of fortune on a bigger scale when I was in my mid twenties and five years later I still have not adjusted to what was "taken" from me.

Those of you who say he deserved it for borrowing should cut the shit, you all borrow on some level. Very few would dip into savings to keep a HF of OPM running.

#24     Mar 21, 2009
  5. I'm sorry for your loss bathrobe (we've all been there on some level), but the guy was an itenerant gambler who didn't have the sense to walk-away from the table when things started heading south.

Nutz!

#25     Mar 21, 2009
  6. bathrobe

bathrobe

Thanks MandelbrotSet,

I can understand the disgust with this type of outright carelessness, especially when he had a young family.

In the long run the experience was good for me. I lived a shiftless life doing nothing but freeloading off of my dad, along with a severe drug habit. I now make a living working for myself and feel a general sense of accomplishment. Just for the record, my father did not excessively borrow or buy things he could not afford but he went from being worth tens of millions to living off SS.

#26     Mar 21, 2009
  7. It is patently obvious to me that this guy did not prepare a business plan.

Surely he would have at least developed seed capital and investors before he left his sales job.:confused:

A sales person becoming a trader/hedge fund manager? ....Alice in Wonderland....makes no sense.

I believe his story and there are alot of zombies walking around the Tampa area, especially the Stepford clan.

Have our own clan in Wellington, Boca Raton and the north Palm Beach area. They are now realizing their shit does stick:eek:

The stories I could tell you....

But the bottom line to all their stupidity (misfortune) is that the kids,and yes, teenagers will adjust, but the parents are going to have a very,very difficult time ahead for themselves.

#27     Mar 21, 2009
  8. Sorry for your family's loss. With respect to your family privacy, is there anything more you can share about what happened? Good lesson for all of us in there I'm sure.

#28     Mar 21, 2009
  9. My prediction is she will divorce over "irreconcilable differences", get some surgery done and quickly find a new sugar daddy.

#29     Mar 21, 2009
  10. Interesting. As I understand it, the rich and powerful usually have their connections. I mean isn't that what you're supposed do while you're still filthy rich--to lobby or buy other's patronage just in case you slip and fall? What has this dude been doing as "a member of a country club"?

Needless to say, this also applies to trading as well.

#30     Mar 21, 2009