From Barron's Market Lab...70% probability equities lower next year?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Altavest_Erik, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Reliable sentiment gauge or not?

2. Kind of a hoot. LOTS of people warning about the near term (or out to 2020) potential for a market smashola... but the markets are having none of it so far.

It's like everyone is waiting for someone else to "drop the other shoe".

Like the "little boy who cried wolf".... the warnings will be ignored by the majority... leaving their pants around their ankles when it eventually comes.

:)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  3. ET180

ET180

There's somewhere around $500B left of stock buybacks waiting to process after earnings in Q4. I think there's a good chance market will end the year higher than it is now although, there are lots of factors trade war and geopolitical risk factors that can prevent that from happening.

Bottom line, if it was so obvious that the market would be sharply lower by the end of the year than it is now, then that would have been priced in already. Long term, I agree with Gundlach.

4. ehsmama

ehsmama

Markets never fall on bad news. Be afraid when there is GOOD NEWS all around. then the Markets TANKS

5. dozu888

dozu888

the dumb money is still in gold and bitcoin, and not much in stocks... I personally guarantee no crash in the foreseeable future.