From $60K to $600K

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, Jun 18, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

Yesterday I pulled the bulk of the funds from my mIRA at TDA/TOS. I had $60K over the round figure so I felt a little weepy and left the $60K in there in the hopes of building it organically as I have done since 1993.

I'm not going to reveal the ultimate balance that was wired out this week. I'll state that I could've covered my nut off the interest, but I needed to add funds to my taxable accounts in the pro-space and here we are.

Some will question why a 50yo would liquidate an IRA... I have a 5Y plan that involves some sick RE and I need the freedom that taxable allows; here and in the EU and Asia. I am going pro again (solo) and need the PB access, OTC, etc.

I wasn't very active in the account in 2019, but here was the YTD notional performance:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/dests-everything-journal.332136/page-24#post-4877681

I will post a week-ending screenshot showing the 2019 cum-gain and/on the $60K remaining in the IRA. I will make no additions to the account so the gains will be based upon the starting figures:

$414,530 gained 2019 to date (6/18/2019)
    $60,484 net liq in the IRA

The return in my taxable account was a lot higher--hence the decision to eat the penalties while I am hot.

I will be showing greek exposure and the tickers involved. It's been suggested to me not to delve into the actual legs. I will add as much color as possible.

The plan is to double the account by year's end at better than 6x risk. 10-bagger by the end of year three. I will post the YTD and net liq at the end of each week through the end of the year. In the format show above for continuity.

A starting balance of $60,484 (post liquidation). $414,530 YTD gains for 2019.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Spooz Top 2, .sigma, bln and 25 others like this.
  2. destriero

destriero

I am going to be aggressive AF in this account... no issues with capacity. Shooting for $5K per week.

3. tsznecki

tsznecki

So is dest's everything journal dead then?

4. destriero

destriero

Yeah, I am going to take it here as I was told by my lawyer not to post anything outside of the IRA. I assume because it's "judgment proof" but I didn't ask.

5. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Verrry nice sir. Keep up the good work . Happy hunting.

destriero likes this.
  6. Palindrome

Palindrome

Dest, your like the Dan Bilzerian of EliteTraders.

Your the man, keep it up buddy.

.sigma, _eug_ and destriero like this.
  7. destriero

destriero

For the guy from Bridgewater:

$414K is the 2019 YTD gains on the IRA account. It's what TDA shows on the front end. I wired in/out a couple of times, so the account was essentially dormant for two months of 2019. I think that I did ok.

$60K is what I(was) left in the account after wiring out the bulk of the funds in the account this week.

w0w.

trader99 likes this.
  8. NQurious

NQurious

So ET will finally have a “rags to riches” journal that actually hits goal ... after how many $100 to $1,000,000 journals in the internet ashes.

I always wanted one of them little accounts to make it big. After you take this $60K to $600K maybe you can try the $600 to $60K run.

ITM_Latino, jl1575, jys78 and 2 others like this.
  9. guru

guru

This is very impressive. I'm not sure if I'm subscribing to all the related threads, or possibly I should search your past posts on ET, but just wondering in general if you are strictly day trading and closing all trades by EOD, or also swing trading?
    And/or are you utilizing a style of trading that is mostly systematic (TA or price-action), or you just have a good feel for the market and the news, and have a good feel where things are going? Or all of it?
    And do you trade only large caps and futures?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  10. From hanging around different forums over a decade to watch how other trade, I got to admit that Dest. is one of very few who could trade well. Unlike others who keep repeating "I would have... I could have...Had I hold... blah blah blah", he speaks with a different tone and take immediate action to seize an opportunity when he sees it. That's the kind of rare traders I'm talking about because HE CAN TRADE AND WALK THE WALK. Sorrry, my english is limited for someone like me who has to speak five different languages almost everyday. That's the best I could describe about him.

Good job man :thumbsup:

#10     Jun 19, 2019