From $5000 to Trading for a Living. Is it possible to?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by MarkWin, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

The answer is, it is possible, but not very probable. Right now with the huge volatility the market conditions are ripe for swinging it big and have a good return, but a few false steps and you are back where you started...

#21     Feb 4, 2018
  2. SteveH

SteveH

Yeah, there's a guy who took just over $500, day traded penny stocks and went to 400K+ in 2 years. All trades are documented, reviewed on video and you can see his executions. Guy's name is Ross Cameron. Go over to youtube and he's under "warrior trading".

Ross is most likely making 4+ million per year off of teaching / trader chat room so the $500 to $400K is more of an advertisement thing and didn't need to live off of that accumulation.

He's shooting fish in a barrel at this point. Guess who the fish are?

Note: Apparently, there's an outfit called Suretrader who are registered on some island so they overlook their US customers pattern daytrading under the 25K minimum. Ross mentioned that in a recent video, so his words, not mine. I don't day trade stocks. Who knows, maybe the SEC clamped down on them since he had done that 2 years ago.

#22     Feb 4, 2018
  3. Still "NO". Not possilbe. Only IDIOTS would imagine it to be so.

If you need $30K/yr for living expenses, you can't expect to be so smart to earn 600%/yr. Nobody has EVER done so.

#23     Feb 4, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

Apparently there are here a lot of people here who think that they know everything. That is necessary to be able to say it is impossible. The fact that they think it is impossible is not valid. The fact that nobody showed it is not valid too.

I personally know somebody who did it, but he/she did not pay his/her life expenses from these profits.
    I told him/her to take bets on ET (minimum $1 mio) from people who are saying it is impossible. For those who say it impossible it would be an excellent opportunity to make a lot of money without any risk at all. Except if it would turn out that it is possible...
    Problem is that this person wants certainty about his/her anonymity. And as he/she makes a lot of money that $1 mio is probably to small to be interesting as it would have no influence on his/her lifestyle but might ruin his/her privacy. He/she can buy whatever he/she wants without needing this $1 mio. Risk is zero as he/she already has the statements from real trading.

If anybody is interested in a minimum $1 mio bet I can ask it again. As I spoke with him/her in past about these bets, it was clear minimum should be $1 mio and bets should be confirmed by a blocked bankaccount on which the money should be deposited.
    Any volunteers for this offer you cannot refuse? And cannot lose.

I agree it is only possible for the happy few, but it is possible. Have seen it with my own eyes.

#24     Feb 4, 2018
    treeman and jl1575 like this.
  5. nickynoes

nickynoes

There are people who have made over 1000% some years. It is not that difficult if you take a lot of risk and use a small account. And after you had that 600% in a year, you don't need to make 600% the next. As long as you can keep from taking big losers you can compound a small account quickly.

I am not saying it is easy. Just that it can be done.

#25     Feb 4, 2018
    treeman likes this.
  6. speedo

speedo

For a futures trader,that "600%" return is less than 30% on leveraged capital, so it's more doable than many believe. It's just not easy nor doable by most.

#26     Feb 4, 2018
    johnnyrock and schweiz like this.
  7. Damn near anything CAN be done.

You can go to the racetrack and bet 9 winners too.

If the best ya'll can say is that something CAN be done, which is the reciprocal of impossible, then say nothing.

you know, it's possible you come to ET one day and right there on the front page is the HOLY GRAIL.

yep, possible

#27     Feb 4, 2018
  8. nickynoes

nickynoes

There is a difference because when I say that it can be done, I mean it can be done deliberately without any 'luck' involved.

Also, I have seen the holy grail posted here numerous times. It just depends what you define as the holy grail.

#28     Feb 4, 2018
  9. schweiz

schweiz

On ET the wholy grail means not lose money. That is already a huge achievement. :D

#29     Feb 5, 2018
    johnnyrock likes this.
  10. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Alligator shoes are very manly!

I agree with the rest of your post.

#30     Feb 5, 2018