From 30K to 1M in 1 Year!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qll, Feb 1, 2007.

1. He may either be a gun trader or incredibly lucky.

To run 30k to 1M would involve a bucketload of risk in anyones language. It's, what, 3333% per annum?

How many others have tried and blown up? Inevitably some will get through by sheer chance.

I'm not taking away from his achievement, but offering a different perspective.

#11     Feb 1, 2007
  2. qll

qll

really just a simple question.
    because i need to act quick, i am afraid he will stop accepting new money soon, just as most hedge funds will stop grow at certain size.

my net worth is about 500k, and i borrowed another 400k on 8% 10% 11% interest. I put them all in risky business like Stocks and Futures.
    I am kind of tired of running this 900K asset. Very tired. I thought I could make 10M out of 100K. Now, I made it to 500K in 2 years, but found the work load is heavier and heavier.

I use 500k in stocks and 150K in futures, I have another 250K looking for experts to manage. Although, I currently seek risky capitals to manage. I look for other people's capital for position trades and give my capital to day traders, so I can only focus on my best at selecting long term stocks. I tried use full margin overnight and use all day trading power myself. remember i am trading 2 markets in 2 time zones == so i work like 16 hours a day. I need a life. So I need to simplfy my life.

#12     Feb 1, 2007
  3. qll

qll

he is only gaining 300% in 9 months from 250k to 1M. it is very normal for this size in metal/ag/soft future trading. he is lucky to run from 30k to 250k in 3 months though. i am kind of afraid he may be tired, or lazy, unheathy for future gains managing this new 500k account. currently we still don't have financial futures. in financial future market, 500k account is easy to get in and out. Copper was the only future market where big money can be earned, but now it is very inactive and bear. Difficult to make money on copper now.

i am not seeking 33x a year... 10x, 3x, or even 2x is good enough for me. my goal is to have 10m as quick as possible so i can feed my future children. lucky me that i have 100% tax free status. who knows when my country will start charging tax on investment gains. i need to have 800k to immigrant to Hong Kong, so far, still the only tax free modern place.

#13     Feb 1, 2007
  4. Sniff..sniff!

I can smell it...what is that smell again?.....

#14     Feb 1, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Nothing is better, than following financial advice (quickly!!) from anonymus message boards.

You are making 100% a year, what is the big hurry? Cut you workload in half, if you need more life, or increase your size if you need more profit....

#15     Feb 1, 2007
  6. virgin

virgin

Qll,

What country you live in ?

#16     Feb 1, 2007
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

With kaviar, I assume. You have modest goals...

But I want to be helpful, so yes, go for it. Give him 200K, after all you are in a hurry, and we need more children....

#17     Feb 1, 2007
  8. His story is typical of the same old ' I need to feed my family' scam that surfaces in other scams of that ilk.

What 'family' need 10mil to feed them.....

#18     Feb 1, 2007
  9. traderob

traderob

:D

#19     Feb 1, 2007
  10. virgin

virgin

With kaviar ... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Then I would go for 1 billion at least for the best kaviar from Iran :D :D :D

that Qll sounds really like an asian punk,scammer

#20     Feb 1, 2007