friends want to learn trading, funny spectacle

Discussion in 'Trading' started by insert, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Have you considered that they might be more profitable at their job than they could be at even successful trading?

#11     Jul 15, 2007
  2. I tell ppl. how much are you willing to lose to learn how to first become break even, and then profitable? Most times they say nothing, I don't want to lose money!

I tell just take your money to Vegas you will be happier and I won't have to concern myself with them. They look at me like I don't want to help them. I tell them I just saved you 5-10k, now say thanks and be thankful. They have that blank look and never ask again.

It's the truth for most like me. First we lose, then some of us get serious, trade to B/E and then make some money, while we struggle to be consistent. I am in the latter after 2 years full time. Trading is no different, in this respect, than any other biz. It takes time to learn and make money. Anybody that really trades know that.

#12     Jul 15, 2007
  3. insert

insert

actually no

successful trading is way more profitable

#13     Jul 15, 2007
  4. insert...

Excellent post and thread. The beauty of your wisdom is its simplicity. The "barriers to entry" in this business are so low that everyone wants to "give it a go" at some point in their life. But the truth remains... very few individuals have what it takes to be a successful trader over a long (career) period of time.

#14     Jul 15, 2007