Friends and family giving you shit about trading..

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Matt24SPFL, Aug 29, 2007.

1. topmo

topmo

Hey.......I agree with several of the recent posts.....sometimes it's just best not to tell people what you do. In the 90's, my Mom kept saying.......what are you doing? what are futures? Tell me what you are buying, where is it? Why don't you buy stocks? She got me so confused trying to explain what I was doing and how I was making money, it just messed up my mind......my problem, though, I should have NEVER tried to explain it to her.
    I tried to tell others and explain when they asked me..... then only wanted to talk to other traders about trading.
    Around 02 I quit trading, went into long term trades and investing, now back into short term trading and I really don't feel like trying to explain to people, I just mumble and say I work at home, I do a little investing, and other things, real estate, etc. (which is true). Most people don't understand trading or even know what it is. That's why whenever I'm talking to someone and I find out they trade, there's that connection there.......outsiders just don't get it.

#71     Aug 30, 2007
  2. Great advice, thank you.

From now on, I work from home and everything is 'good.'

:) Thanks guys, I just really can't explain to you how close to insanity I feel.. This thread has given me my sanity back. :)

#72     Aug 30, 2007