Friends and family giving you shit about trading..

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Matt24SPFL, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Yes, I think that a lot of people underestimate this risk.

#21     Aug 29, 2007
  2. You think that's nagging? Try bringing 10 lbs of fine herb out of your "secret garden" every 3 to 4 months. The complaints about my trading are mild compared to my farming.

#22     Aug 29, 2007
  3. ER9

ER9

yes unfortunately some of our parents or family have old values instilled they just cant seem to get over. also some even bring along cultural values on top of that. i guess we can feel fortunate to be able to see the grass on the other side of the fence.

#23     Aug 29, 2007
  4. The best revenge is success.

#24     Aug 29, 2007
  5. Amen.

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

#25     Aug 29, 2007
  6. Aisone

Aisone

The topic touches a nerve because I had a very respected semi-friend in the industry laugh at me when I told him it was a goal to get into daytrading within the next 6 months. He dissed me on the entire topic and even walked away when I talked about it.

I believed in myself and had support of my wife of one year so that's all I needed, but it still hurt (and probably still does a little.)

Success is the best revenge tho and that was back in '98, but I'm still motivated by the fear of failure that would make him 'right'.

#26     Aug 29, 2007
  7. I would say ignore them and tell them to mind there own business. The only way to succeed in life is to do what you have a passion for. If its trading, then let it be, its your business not theres.

#27     Aug 29, 2007
  8. toc

toc

'But, hey, whatever works, eh?'

Conning does not work in trading.............most of the traders are conning themselves in one way or other.........those who have stopped self betyral are the one's in the elite 10% group which makes really heavy loads of money each single month.

Trading is is is is is is the TOUGHEST PROFESSIONAL IN THE WORLD............GO FIGURE WITH A SMALL CAPITAL, PLAY CAPITAL HOPEFULLY.

#28     Aug 29, 2007
  9. i had same problem when i started out trading fulltime, my dad thought i was retarded to go fulltime telling me i wouldn't make any money, of course i reminded him everywk that first yr i was 27 and made 300k for the yr lol, much much more than i would have made at a "real" job, so people will shutup once they see the results

#29     Aug 29, 2007
  10. Do keep in mind that the majority of traders fail

#30     Aug 29, 2007