Friends and family giving you shit about trading..

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Matt24SPFL, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Congrats to you. That's a tough life but SOMEONE has to live it. :)

#11     Aug 29, 2007
  2. I have a very good corporate job, but even with that my trading was ridiculed by my friends and family. That is until I started making more in one trade than they made in a month.

At that point, it was "Hey, if I can get you some money, can you trade my account?"

What's that they say about the difference between genius and insanity? I think it's "success".

#12     Aug 29, 2007
  3. Damn bro, that hit me harddddddd. Very wise words. Thank you for that.

#13     Aug 29, 2007
  4. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zvICN8DNMpY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zvICN8DNMpY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Sometimes I need to watch shit like this to get me up, as cheesy as it may be.

Thanks guys. You are all phucking awesome.

#14     Aug 29, 2007
  5. Most welcome. Keep rockin', mate.

#15     Aug 29, 2007
  6. Risk is putting your future in the hands of strangers, who, at a whim, will eliminate you and your job without a second thought.

#16     Aug 29, 2007
  7. So what if you blow out an account or two... It's the price for the lesson. As far as those pikers nagging you, do what I do... Lock the damned door. The only time they'll see you is when you emerge to grab some cigars, brewskis, or to pull the frozen pizza out of the oven. If you're having a good week the pizza is delivered. After a bad week you're calling the pizza guy to see if he needs any help.

Rennick out:cool:

#17     Aug 29, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

My wife and her friends all have a little club where they compare notes and decide the fates of their husbands... Put 'em on ignore, it's all you can do...

#18     Aug 29, 2007
  9. I'd say don't burn any relational bridges. Kill them w/ kindness and let them feel/understand your passion.

It's true most people that don't trade say some stupid stuff that can be frustrating, but if that's gonna piss you off it's only gonna have a negative impact on your trading over time and will be exacerbated by real trading issues.

#19     Aug 29, 2007
  10. Hmm. I'm not sure that this is the sort of material I would seek to draw strength from, particularly since Afleck plays a thug who cons his employees. But, hey, whatever works, eh?

#20     Aug 29, 2007