friday US equity action

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krazykarl, Jan 27, 2006.

1. We are talking trading here...keep your personal politics out of it...move it over to chit chat where it belongs.

I would hardly call it "punishing iraq"...afterall, we did over throw an evil dictator who was responsible for thousands of murders and tortered even thousands more.

#11     Jan 27, 2006
  2. I think that was a mistake, apparently they needed a good dictator

#12     Jan 27, 2006
  3. =========
    True & if better than average volume works more times than not say 55%;
    45% of the time to stay out of an uptrend/downtrend can most certainly be improved on.

Vol is secondary to price:cool:however
    QQQQ,SPY,DIA all had notable above average buy volume any way . CCC helps more than volume, mostly

#13     Jan 27, 2006
  4. When I find both Wheeling-Pittsburgh and Broadcom on the most percentage gainers list, tells me that this is an interesting market. Don't know and don't care if it's a bull market or bear market, but it's an interesting market -- and there are trades to be made.

#14     Jan 27, 2006
  5. sell on sunday's nite.

#15     Jan 27, 2006
  6. hajimow

hajimow

I see volume is quite healthy but I see we will have another major downtrend soon. Many companies like MSFT, TXN, ALTR,INTC,.... have good earnings but miss the revenue. GDP is down.Oil is up,......Buy but be on guard.

#16     Jan 27, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

recent action very similar to action around 9/30/05

#17     Jan 27, 2006
  8. Price action looks more similiar to Jan 04. As you look at your indicators, you may notice the similarities between these 2 cycles.

#18     Jan 27, 2006
  9. I concur with this... low vol, pop a smallcap and dump it is the game...

Btw, does anyone really think the panic in Tokyo was due to 'daytraders getting margin calls' when their livedoor shares went down? and what is with this unison of "analysts" calling to buy that dip??

#19     Jan 27, 2006
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Common Sense no longer applies -- This is not your father's stock market.:)

#20     Jan 27, 2006