Friday March 6th...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blackbook, Mar 5, 2009.

big up day???

1. yes

25 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. no

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. showtime

showtime

do you talk to anyone besides people on this site. evreyone is losing their jobs right now. its bad out there. that being said i think we're down again tommorrow who would willingly step in front of a freight train?

#11     Mar 5, 2009
  2. If you are right (and I hope so) and we will have huge volume tomorrow as well as put/call ratios going sharply up to november levels - then I would definitely step in front of that train

#12     Mar 5, 2009
  3. tardes

tardes

Serious question: Why 669? can you describe your technical analysis?

#13     Mar 5, 2009
  4. i wasnt saying anything about longterm, or the bear market being over... just talking about tomorrow...

so youre saying the number will be worse than expected?

#14     Mar 5, 2009
  5. showtime

showtime

quite possibly all the numbers that have been out have been showing more and more deteriation of the economy. I would be absoluty shocked ( and dead wrong) if this was better than expected.

#15     Mar 5, 2009
  6. I hope so much that you are right but if you'll look at consensus on bloomberg it shows waaaaay too low numbers so it won't take a lot to beat the estimate

#16     Mar 5, 2009
  7. keep in mind that there is huuuge negativity regarding sentiment and tons of money on the short side. A short squeeze on better than expected numbers could send the sp00z up 9%.

#17     Mar 5, 2009
  8. Well, huuuuge negativity is something you can read in PUT/CALL ratios and those are not showing it yet

#18     Mar 5, 2009
  9. Pretty hard to rally much when we are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Companies like GM, CITI, GE, etc. etc.
    We have to get all the dead wood, dead-beat companies out of the way and clear the decks. Unfortunately the gov't keeps proping up loser companies and punishing better run companies with higher taxes.

So the agony will only continue.

#19     Mar 5, 2009
  10. http://www.usatoday.com/money/markets/2009-03-04-are-stocks-cheap_N.htm

President Obama, who is moving to boost investor confidence, weighed in on this topic Tuesday, noting that stocks have become a lot cheaper relative to earnings. He said it is "starting to get to the point where buying stocks is potentially a good deal if you've got a long-term perspective."

"But I myself won't buy until S&P500 hits 500" - he added after the conference was over.

#20     Mar 5, 2009