French Open

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 25, 2004.

1. roflmao! This one belongs in Tech Analysis's latest jokes post.

ps -- it's "wink, wink". ("oink" is the sounds pigs make, in English.)

#11     May 26, 2004
  2. Meanwhile Bush kisses Chirac's butt to have his UN resolution on Iraq approved. Nobody ever humiliated this country as much as this administration.

#12     May 26, 2004
  3. Pabst

Pabst

My babe Emilie Loit is out. Yea, I hate French men but the women....that's another story.

#13     May 26, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_y...slug=ap-frenchopen-capriati&prov=ap&type=lgns

PARIS (AP) -- Jennifer Capriati glared toward the stands, told fans to shut up and endured scattered boos from the French Open crowd.

Then, one point from victory and ready to serve, Capriati paused and waved her hands at the fans, provoking both jeers and cheers.

``I was kind of using that to help pump me up,'' she said.

The tactic worked. Yulia Beygelzimer failed to put her service return into play, and Capriati had a first-round victory Tuesday, 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.

Court Suzanne Lenglen was more than half empty for the evening match, but some spectators gave Capriati a hard time. She angrily shouted at them at least once, and when she closed out the victory, she pumped her fist toward the stands and scowled.

``I didn't think I did anything that bad for them to boo,'' said Capriati, the 2001 champion. ``But they're kind of finicky here. One day they're one way, the next day the other way. Next time I might go out and they'll cheer like crazy for me.''

#14     May 26, 2004
  5. mark1

mark1 Guest

What a bunch of idiots :mad:

#15     May 27, 2004