French Open

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 25, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Anybody watching the French Open?

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Should I be surprised by this lack of response? Nope. LOL. :(

3. We're still boycotting all things French. Have you turned francophile on us?

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah I know, normally I would never never discuss anything to do with France but I want to support our American players. BTW, can you believe the French booed Andy Roddick yesterday? What a disgrace. They booed the Williams sisters last year and I can almost understand that, they are pretty cocky. But Andy Roddick is the epitome of a gentleman and they booed him for some odd reason after the match. F*cking French man, they have no class. I hope Andy beats the shit out of every Frenchmen he plays.

I can't tell you how painful it was to see Andre Agassi lose in the first round to a French qualifier playing in his first ever tournament. Ouch! It's time for Andy to open up a can of whoop ass.

5. So they boo Andy Roddick and give Michael Moore 20 minute standing ovations. Remind me again why we liberated those despicable cowards.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have an idea. Why not take the Iraqi prisoners we have and let them loose in Paris? Let them run around and wreak havoc. See how the French warm up to us then.

7. Tennis not my personal #1 sport, but since it ís in our household, I will be 'rooting' for Martin Verkerk again!

Tiki

8. Mav,

I saw the end of the Roddick/Todd Martin match and there was an incident over a disputed call. Unfortunately, I missed that sequence so I don't really know what it was about. Martin was incensed and let Roddick know it after the match. Martin is a classy gentleman player who has been around forever. I suspect the crowd's reaction might have been in response to this incident and not directed at Roddick because he is an American.

As for booing the Williams sisters, who cares? They are despised by tennis insiders all over the world. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with how they treat people.

9. "I would call the French scumbags, but that, of course, would be a disservice to bags filled with scum. I say we invade Iraq, then invade Chirac." —Dennis Miller

10. mark1

mark1 Guest

I only watch the female tournament ,oink oink :D

#10     May 26, 2004