French Gratitude

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Babak, Apr 2, 2003.

1. rs7

rs7

Very good. If you think that it was a mistake not taking "care of Saddam", (with two d's, not one), and you support the President, what does that have to do with the post I criticized? Where did I say one single word about these matters?

My sexual orientation? I hope you don't mean me personally. I am very married (for the second time, and quite heterosexual).

What I DID say was your calling anyone who did not agree with your political point of view a "faggot/homo" accomplished nothing. That it showed you to be a narrow minded bigot. And it was a bad reflection on Americans. But I guess that's just you.

I thought more highly of you. I guess I was wrong, because you seem quite convinced that your (misspelled and badly constructed) wording somehow makes a point. I guess I don't get what it is, and I guess we don't agree on how to make a point of any kind.

And whatever the "shiiit that comes out of a fahggots rectume" means, I guess we disagree on language. I thought you were an American kid. I did not realize that english was a foreign language to you. And your reassurance that you did not mean to imply (while you said "infer", I guess that "imply" was the word you were looking for) that I was a "fahgote" is also nice. I guess. I really don't know, because I could not find that word in the dictionary. But I suppose it isn't something good:confused:

Rs7

#51     Apr 5, 2003
  2. lundy

lundy

i wasn't talking about you rs7 when I said anything about the fahgs.

my english isn't great, but it is my native tounge.

i purposely misspelled some of those words in case there is a bot that removes swear words.

anyway, you misunderstood and I mis communicated when I said they were fahgot shit. I wasn't calling them fahgots. I was saying they were shit.

In the same way that you think I am narrow minded, I find this quote by you narrow minded.

"Anyone who feels differently, to me, is either mentally ill, or does not believe in true American ideals."

I may get mad and call people names because what they say angers me, but I certainly am not narrow minded. Lets just say i'm focused. :p

#52     Apr 5, 2003
  3. lundy

lundy

"I thought more highly of you. I guess I was wrong,"

i guess so.... :D :D :D

i'm just rebelling against the rebellers.

#53     Apr 5, 2003
  4. Msfe this is a memorable occasion for you, this is one time we are all waiting with baited breath for your reply to my post.

freealways

#54     Apr 5, 2003
  5. Well-stated, though I think you may have been a bit hard on MondoTrader: True, he's gotten excessive at points, but he's been responding to some rather extreme and scurrilous statements, in a time of war, and I doubt he's really in favor of putting the D's in concentration camps (though maybe he'll let us know, I've been surprised on the internet before). Anyway, those who come on these threads or speak up in public spouting anti-American slogans, viciously insulting American political leadership, or otherwise massaging their anti-US biases would have to be truly foolish to expect gentle treatment. Indeed, I suspect that some of our most compulsive anti-Americans, along with assorted other dubious nutballs, get a little thrill out of such virtual "rough trade."

By the same token, however, Americans look foolish if, at a time that their country is vividly assuming international responsibility over matters of immediate life and death, they start getting touchy about a few empty jibes and insults. Words do matter, or can matter, but it usually takes a whole helluva a lot of them before they start mattering very much in the world. That said, thanks also for speaking up against lundy's foully and dementedly expressed bigotry. On this matter, and I'd be wiling to bet on several others, he'd fit in very well with the Al Qaeda followers and the Baathists.

#55     Apr 5, 2003
  6. lundy

lundy

lets start a thread about the bigot lundy.

i had to look the word bigot up in the dictionary.

I guess anyone who speaks out strongly about the actions of a group of people is a bigot.

I don't know how my use of the word fahggot ( mispelled on purpose) makes me a bigot? I use the word not because I mean people ill, but because it's the only word that makes these people think about whether their actions might be wrong.

Alot of the US population and especially the media and government have waved the white flag as the fahggot troops push forward their agenda. But they encounter small pockets of resistance, and have labelled these pockets 'bigots' for lack of a better word to define people who disagree with fahggots actions.

Sounds to me like the bigotry goes around.

The question isn't really whether someone is a bigot, but whether those whose actions they cannot tolerate, should be tolerable.

Anyway, you guys have labeled me. I have not called anyone here a fahg and I don't just go calling people fahgs. I reserve that name for people who engage in homosexual activities.

I guess the holy bible would also fit with some of the things muslims beleive.

Interesting how you put me in a category with Al Qaeda, but really a more appropriate category would have been muslims in general.

Soddomy (spelling?) is against the Koran that all muslims beleive in. Al Qaeda is a terrorist group. It's interesting that you chose to link me to Al Qaeda, when the more obvious ( but would make you look like a really fuckin stupid jackass) category would have been to link me to muslims.

I have not threatened anyone, and I certainly would not kill anyone.

Your post shows that you are quite eager to put everyone who you don't agree with in one category. The "we must destroy" category.

#56     Apr 5, 2003
  7. rs7

rs7

Lundy, let me start by saying you misspelled the word "misspelled". But to get to the issues:

What you are saying is that there are no other words, no way to express yourself, that can convey your disapproval of the actions of people with whom you don't agree? You do however believe calling these people "fahgots" will make them stop and think about what they are doing, and make them see the error of their ways? This is an effective counter measure that actually works? If so, boy do I have a lot of work ahead of me!!! A list you wouldn't believe!

Lundy, I sincerely do not know what to make of you. Maybe you have decided to become the new Fruity Pebble, or Mohammedwhoever.....a specific alias created with the sole intent of just intentionally posting utter nonsense with the hope of inciting more divisiveness.

Perhaps you are a behavioral psychology graduate student trying to see what kind of reactions such posts can generate.

But if you expect to be taken seriously, be assured that your statements are really self defeating if you intend to make the points you claim you are reaching for. And again, these comments certainly make American's look bad to the world if you truly believe that your words in any way are representative of the feelings of real Americans of virtually any political or social beliefs (if people were to read them, which fortunately is not the case to any measurable degree).

The term "ugly American" seems most appropriate. Not what we need during times like this. Anti-American sentiment may well be at an all time high. You are not helping the situation.

OK, we agree that the people you "resent" "do more than just hold hands" The rest of what you say? I guess I must be out of the loop. How do "they openly try to convert young easily influenced kids into accepting their lifestyle"? Do they buy advertising during the Super Bowl? Stuff like this? How do they do it?

How have I missed the fact that it is "openly their agenda to recruit young people"? How are they accomplishing this? What are their tactics? How have I managed to remain so ignorant about this issue? Also, a bit off the subject, but since you mentioned it, I have to ask....I never knew that they "eat shit". Is this some kind of "cult" thing they have going on? And I am curious. If one of them is a vegetarian, and they "eat shit" from one of them that is a meat eating "lower than maggot" type, does that blow the vegetarian deal for them? (Just a technical question. There is so much I don't know, but I am always willing to learn new and important information.....at least "new" for me. Fascinating stuff).

I am certainly going to keep an open mind about this. Because if you can give me examples of this kind of socially unacceptable behavior, I would have to believe you, and I will write my congressman to do something about this! Sounds pretty bad to me.

What I do have trouble believing however is that elitetrader.com actually edited one of your posts. You have been so evenhanded and inoffensive, it is hard to imagine that anyone would take such action in regards to your posts. Have they no respect for the first amendment?

Peace Lundy (as soon as we kill all the "evildoers" and their followers, and their families and anyone who is not "with us" and is therefore safely assumed to be against us!! Get 'em all!! Might as well get the "fahgot lower than maggots" guys too while we are in a killing mode. Eliminate this plague upon society and upon our young and impressionable children who are at the stage of puberty when they are most likely to be recruited (is this right? Did I get it right?)

Rs7

#57     Apr 6, 2003
  8. Rs7, you are a bit of a misfit aren't you ?

You keep hammering away at Lundy, what the hell is wrong with you ?

It looks as if you are one of those people who carry a big chip on their shoulders and who, just so as to feel better, want to belittle someone else.

You mentioned somewhere that you are Jewish. Well I can tell you that it is people like you who give Jews a bad name.

I have always heard that Jews should be a shining light onto others.

I don't believe that that is achieved by trying to kick the shit out of someone else, rather than earning respect by one's conduct.

freealways

#58     Apr 6, 2003
  9. I am sorry I wrote my previous post about you the way I did Rs7. It was just too aggressive and I should have tried to get my point across in a different manner.

I just was absolutely disgusted to see how you (Rs7) kept on and on, rubbing it in, belittling Lundy, because he happened to have made several spelling mistakes.

Next time I feel like getting stuck into you again Rs7 I will cool off for an hour or so before I respond. :D

freealways

#59     Apr 6, 2003
  10. rs7

rs7

I am sorry if I offended your sensibilities. While I admit to having hammered Lundy on his spelling, it was truly my intention to point out that ignorance seems to breed ignorance. I could not care less if someone can not spell. If I did not use the spellchecker, I assure you that I would make some spelling errors myself. We all do.

But it was just too tempting to point out in my arguments against Lundy's closed minded bigotry and his absurd assertions.

If you read what I wrote, and what I have written, I hope you will see that I have been pretty consistent in my position of opposing all those who preach hatred. Of those who stereotype, and of those who demonstrate narrow mindedness.

I was one of the very few to stand by Lundy when he was taking so much abuse for calling a bottom to the market several months ago. I defended his right to express his opinion, while virtually everyone was slamming him because he turned out to be wrong. I gave him credit for sticking his neck out and for standing up for himself. Which is why I said here more recently (in so many words) that I was disappointed in his remarks. I expected better from him. I thought it sadly weak listening to his argument that calling someone a "fahgot" was an effective way to make people "stop and think". That it was a way to really accomplish anything at all other than to hurt his own cause.

Alphonso seems (at least to me;, as I said, I have not read all his posts), to be a counterpart to American patriotism; he is apparently quite anti-American. And so even though I am on the opposite side of the issue from him and his rhetoric, I have not noticed him calling for the incarceration of his opponents (like MondoTrader has). Or his using defamation and personal insults to make his points. So while I agree more, in general, with Mondo's politics (and Lundy's..at least as far as being Pro-American) and disagree strongly with those of Alphonso and MSFE, I find the tactics of "debate" to be quite weak coming from guys that have nothing to strengthen their arguments other than "we are right, and you are faghots, and if you don't love America, move to France". MSFE, who to me, also makes his points in the weakest possible ways (by cut and pasting and offering virtually no insight of his own), So I can be critical of him on two fronts. His positions (which I find distasteful) and his presentation of his positions, which is just to quote others.

Hapaboy, who I think goes overboard in his zealous attempts to wrap himself in the American flag....America love it or leave it.... at least I can credit him for expressing his own thoughts. That they are a bit extreme for my tastes is something else. But I have not heard him clamor to imprison those who disagree with him as has Mondo. (Then again, anyone who thinks all drug dealers should be executed....well maybe I give him too much credit).

And so it frustrates me that it seems those with whom I disagree (as far as being pro-american, which I am, and those who are anti-American which I clearly am not) those who I oppose seem NOT to be making their arguments illogical and aggressive on a personal level. (yes, there have been transgressions on both sides). But the kinds of things that I have read lately from our "super patriot" types like Mondo and Lundy seem scarier to me than the anti-American posts presented by Alfonso (who comes to mind). MSFE is a different story. He has not expressed his own feelings, he just looks for news stories to support his position. Also a very weak way to make an argument. And another way to point out his narrowminded point of view. But not scary like Mondo is. Not so xenophobic and narrow minded as to make me believe he is as close to a Nazi as you can get without actually acting out on it. (Mondo has said that half the "damn democrats should be in jail for sedition" This kind of thinking just seems scary to me. Very much like the politics of Hitler before the second world war began).

I am sorry if you think I "give jews a bad name". However I don't see where this comes into the argument. It, like Lundy's stereotyping of gays seems to weaken your argument. But then you apologize in a follow up post. So I assume after some thought, you have had a change of heart. Well, I accept your apology, and I myself apologize if I said anything to reflect poorly on the Jewish people as a whole. While I don't see how I could have, and additionally since a lot of what I have said is coming from my close association with the Anti Defamation League, which fights prejudice and bigotry of all kinds (even though it was formed as a Jewish organization).

Every American president has endorsed the ADL since at least Kennedy (to my knowledge...and most certainly his predecessors did as well, but that is before my time). I have been at events for ADL over the past several years in which George Bush Sr., Collin Powell, Bill Bradley, Harry Belafonte, and Sam Donaldson were the featured speakers. Margaret Thatcher was a no-show and was replaced at the last minute by Sam Donaldson, who was pretty good...Colin Powell was the best of the lot that I saw and heard. None of them Jews, all of them supporters of the ADL cause. And so, I have been pretty well indoctrinated in the politics of "tolerance". Which has nothing to do with "liberal vs. conservative" or "Republican vs. Democrat". It only has to do with standing together as Americans against racism, bigotry, and hatred.

We don't need any of that in the REAL AMERICA.

What we do need is solidarity against the tyrannical regimes of guys like Saddam. And we need to win this war on terrorism. But preaching hatred and intolerance brings us down off our higher moral ground. We truly are fighting what is advertised as a war of the just vs. the evildoers. Let's keep our distinction clear.

Rs7

#60     Apr 6, 2003