French central bank president attacks UK: Britain should be downgraded

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Dec 15, 2011.

1. UK has 2 options.

They will either have to become the new Switserland where everyone can bring his money no questions asked or they will bow down to Berlin and Paris without shooting a bullet.

Once their oil income really collapses, their industry further declines and their aging kicks into higher gear their deficit will go up the stratosphere.

Sucks to be an Island I guess.

#12     Dec 16, 2011
  2. More white flag factories are needed. Stimulus.

#13     Dec 16, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Works for the US.

Er, wait...

#14     Dec 16, 2011
  4. They clearly have some sort of a thing for Cameron, the Phrench do...

*DJ French Fin Min: Better To Be French Than British In Present Economic Environment

#15     Dec 16, 2011
  5. As misguided as the FFM's statement is.

#16     Dec 16, 2011
  6. It is true.

For the average person you are better of in France then in the UK.

Anyone who ever visited both countries would agree with that.

Unless you are an oil or hedgefund mogul ofcourse. Then yeah...London rules baby yeah.

#17     Dec 20, 2011
  7. I am not really sure how you define "better off", tbh. I live in one country and visit the other one very often. I don't really know what it is that makes France that much better and I really like France (with the exception of Paris). I just think they're very different.

#18     Dec 20, 2011
  8. luisHK

luisHK

How can't you like Paris ?? Awesome city , breathtakingly beautiful - and one also get top notch service and life standard if they have money (same in london)

I used to like London a lot, it's a very happening city with nice places to go out, and I did quite a bit of money there but after 2007/2008 my business there went down the drain - with the local economy- but now with kids I think it'd be a far cry from Paris. I can think of other european cities which could be more kids friendly than Paris though, at least in Switzerland, Germany and Scandinavia.

#19     Dec 20, 2011
  9. To be honest, just a matter of taste, really... Mostly it's the people. In fact, nobody likes the Parisians, even the other French, so I'm not alone. I love the other parts of France, especially Normandy. But, as I said, it's just my personal preference, is all.

#20     Dec 20, 2011