Freezing up- Computer problem...Any advice ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TIKITRADER, Jun 16, 2011.

1. AC3

AC3

Tiki,

Was the first computer (the one with the issues) a out of the box model or was that something that you put together on your own. If out of the box what brand if I can ask.

#101     Jul 14, 2011
  2. That was built by a local guy. I posted that build in this thread.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118742&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

Unfortunately I had limited free time to assemble it, decided to have it built according to needs at the time.
    ...about to that old thread,
    be great if Tums posted on ET again . The guy shared a lot of good stuff. Super nice guy too.

#102     Jul 14, 2011
  3. AC3

AC3

Thanks for that ... considering a new machine and contemplating building one out or just buying an off the shelf model and doing some minor tweaks.

#103     Jul 14, 2011
  4. New machine is exciting especially if you get a good price off the shelf or a new build. If time permits the build is fun, but in the end, either way, a new machine is real nice ! I have a feeling this is where Scat will come in and post an excellent Dell bargain :D

#104     Jul 14, 2011
  5. AC3

AC3

HAHA Can't blame someone for trying to hype their product... I am looking at a couple of diff ZT Affinity machines or possibly a Cyberpower.... thoughts??

#105     Jul 14, 2011
  6. Not right now... bargains of last week all gone.

I got one of them.. with W3530 CPU, for $629 + tax. Not the fastest (5050, Passmark... 7.4 Windows Experience), but plenty fast enough for a trading rig.... With my estimate of cost for a workstation class machine of $600 + CPU + RAM + extras... I got this one for about "$500 less than parts". It's plenty fast, quiet, runs cool... I'd have to be quite the niggler to find fault with it... )

:D

#106     Jul 14, 2011
  7. If you're considering CyberpowerPC.com, suggest you also check out ibuypower.com. Similar thing, sometimes better prices too.

#107     Jul 14, 2011
  8. AC3

AC3

Apprec

#108     Jul 14, 2011
  9. That kind of performance for a little over 600 bucks is really good. Can't do it even with BIY. Much more than adequate for all practical trading purposes... :)

#109     Jul 14, 2011