freeport-mcmoran

Discussion in 'Options' started by Ms Varima-Garch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. I actually have a long equity position in FCX. I wonder what the OP's reasoning was for buying the puts.

#21     Jun 29, 2009
  2. closed the FCX bear put spread for a loss. the stock is not going anywhere, and i'm out of patience.

#22     Jun 30, 2009
  3. A very "clever" trade, shows what an insightful trader you are!

Thank you for sharing your great wisdom with us ! LOL

BTW, Mark Mobius says now is the best time to be long emerging markets and commodities

#23     Jun 30, 2009
  4. this is the same "trader" who had their pump and dump penny stock thread removed 2 days ago. Totally clueless. I've been long FCX and short BHP for the last 6 months. There was a huge fundamental and technical edge in that trade, and so far it is the best performer of the year.

#24     Jun 30, 2009
  5. i have a very strong urge to kick you in the balls, but i saw a couple of your other posts and what you say makes sense, so i'm going to pass. plus there is a rebuttable presumption that pairs traders are clever.

being long FCX doesn't make you clever per se (look at hidden agenda, who long FCX and a total fool whose favorite book is market wizards), but if your trade worked my congratulations

i think it's only fair if people admit their mistakes, which is what i did in MY thread here, called "freeport-mcmoran." it's better than pretending you never lose, and thus misleading other people.

#25     Jun 30, 2009
  6. i thought the options section was for adequate people, people who actually THINK, not who let meubios think for them.

so what are YOU doing here?

#26     Jun 30, 2009
  7. If you take a trade and have no reason for it, you deserve to lose. You can do everything right and research the heck out of your trades and still lose. If your edge in the trade is not quantifiable, to me it is wrong to initiate the trade.

#27     Jun 30, 2009