Freemasonic Square & Compass Symbol Explanation?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bakinec, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Bakinec

Bakinec

I deeply regret and bring my apologies to any Masons and/or Christians here who might find this offensive, but this recently really started bugging me out, so I felt like sharing this. I am not a Mason, do not claim to know their secrets, and also I disagree with the Christian imagery and statues being made of Jesus, Mary, the Apostles and God Himself, as these are really idols, a creation of men, which are explicitly forbidden by the Bible, both in the Torah (Ten Commandments) and the Gospels, given that Jesus claimed there that he came to FULFILL the law, NOT to cancel it!! Also is strange the Church's choosing of December 24-25 (Solstice on 22nd, the day stops getting shorter, the Sun "rebirth", google it) , the birthday of the solar/sun-god in Roman mythology, as Christ's birthday, and the changing of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sun-day, the becoming of the Church into a sort of corporation, with a hierarchy, etc, a lot of which goes against Christ's teachings in the Gospels and the Revelations.

But here is the reason why I created this thread. I was recently walking to a Church and it struck me as weird how closely the image of the supposed likeness of Jesus ("supposed", because he couldn't have been long-haired and needed to be pointed out to Roman authorities as the one by Judah back then, because Jews wore short hair, so Jesus must have not stood out in terms of looks among the Jews) resembled the Masonic square-and-compass symbol with the letter "G" in the middle. The long hair matches the shape of the upper compass, and the beard/lower face contour matches the shape of the square. The letter "G" in the middle supposedly stands for God or Geometry, which finds its confirmation in the Christian worship of Jesus as God.

Check it out and let me know if I'm seeing too much into this... I mean, Masons really started as craftsmen from every field of science and art, so it's not far-fetched for me to think that the symbolism must be a parallelism, as Masons really believe in symbolism and parallels.

71kwp7IlDfL._UL1500_.jpg masonic.jpg yesus.png yesus11.png yesus1.jpg

2. Piptaker

Piptaker

Freemasonry interestingly is very knowledgeable in ancient traditions and self knowledge.The symbols and allegories often have deep moral and political meanings (and multiple meanings), the aim to improve 'the self' (that's the way I see it anyway). People are mostly blind to symbols around them (they're everywhere). You might find this view interesting.

3. G is for "Guy(s) only"!

4. As a practicing Freemason, I would be happy to initiate the OP.

PM me.