Freedom of Religion gets the axe

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Covertibility, May 30, 2005.

1. Ok fair enough back to freedom of religion...

So if I understand you correctly, your belief is that wiccans do in fact unknowingly worship satan.

Furthermore, you believe that the founding fathers didn't mean satanism when they protected freedom of religion, and therefore wicca should not be protected.

Am I understanding you correctly?

#61     May 31, 2005

2. yes, you are right on the money. i am sure your wiccan friends are good people and probably quite moral. in fact there are different groups out there and some are open about their ties to satanism and some vehemently denounce satanism. but if one traces their roots they will inevitably come back to a philosophy that mirrors luciferianism:

*Luciferianism can be understood best as a belief system that venerates the essential characterizes that are affixed to Lucifer. It incorporates traditional Luciferianism (belief in Lucifer as a spiritual being) and modern Luciferianism (belief in Lucifer as the embodiment of wisdom, light and self-overcoming.

*from wikipedia

sounds a little like modern psychology's "human potential" enthusiast, huh?

#62     May 31, 2005
  3. "sounds a little like modern psychology's "human potential" enthusiast, huh?"

No.

You are entitled to your beliefs, but what does that have to do with the government denying someone the freedom to practice their own belifs?

This following is at issue, not whether Wiccan is a practice of worshiping Lucifer.

In the order, the parents were "directed to take such steps as are needed to shelter Archer from involvement and observation of these non-mainstream religious beliefs and rituals." The judge let the wording stand.

The state should have the right to tell parents that they have to follow mainstream religions and rituals while raising their children?

This judge sounds like a relic from Salem Mass.....

#63     May 31, 2005
  4. Okay, I think I understand better where you are coming from.

It seems like you believe that Satan is a very real force in the world actively trying to fool people into worshipping him (in the case of wicca) Is that true?

If so it would make sense that for you the idea of children being raised wiccan is actually just as bad as them being raised by some other form of unfit parent. (maybe a drug abuser or something).

Is this how you see things?

#64     May 31, 2005
  5. not exactly. i just think it is comical to imagine the authors of the constitution/bill of rights witnessing a debate as to whether we should afford satanism 1st amendment protection.

#65     May 31, 2005
  6. The same could be said for granting rights to slaves, children, women, etc.

#66     May 31, 2005
  7. well then hell, lets just throw out the whole damn thing....that's where were headed anyways.

#67     May 31, 2005
  8. Par for the course from you, an emotional outburst...

#68     May 31, 2005
  9. actually i said it with a smile on my face.......sort of a whatever attitude. emotional outburst...LOL LOL LOL.yeah right. nice try :p

#69     May 31, 2005
  10. Pay attention to the method the government uses to confiscate our rights. At first they come after the unpopular & weak. Joe Public reads this news story, shrugs and thinks: "Well, it does kinda violate the First Amendment, but I don't like witches. None of my friends are Satanists or witches, so screw 'em.

And a couple years ago : "Well technically Jose Padilla is entitled to due process as an American citizen, but they say he's a crazy terrorist, so screw him. The Fifth and Sixth amendments don't really apply to those people."
    Once Joe public realizes why he <b>should</b> care, it's too late.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
    Those who deny individual rights cannot
    claim to be defenders of minorities."
    ~ Ayn Rand

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~Pastor Niemoller

#70     May 31, 2005