Freedom of Religion gets the axe

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Covertibility, May 30, 2005.

1. I sense defensiveness, anger, vindictiveness, and overall emotional response from stu.

How rational and intellectually detached of you stu.

ROTFLMAO!

Any time you want to drop the nonsense and enage the question dispassionately about the third option, I'm game.

I have already answered it, but perhaps in your hysteria you missed it.

So try asking without all the drama, I'll address it again.

#91     Jun 1, 2005
  2. Kit Kat

Kit Kat

she told you she sees God with ME?? the blabber mouth! :p

#92     Jun 1, 2005
  3. Kit Kat

Kit Kat

stu is best logician on the board!

your not likely to forget that!!

#93     Jun 1, 2005
  4. LongShot, having you evaluate the most rational is sort of like asking the village idiot for directions.

#94     Jun 1, 2005
  5. stu

stu

Any time you indicate some capability toward holding reasonable discussion will be the first. Unfortunately the only game you play is with yourself......

....leaving your "3rd option" still missing.

#95     Jun 1, 2005
  6. jem

jem

I think the definition of atheism as "literally" being without theism is not correct.

Main Entry: athe·ism
    Pronunciation: 'A-thE-"i-z&m
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle French athéisme, from athée atheist, from Greek atheos godless, from a- + theos god
    1 archaic : UNGODLINESS, WICKEDNESS
    2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity b : the doctrine that there is no deity

from websters.

Replacement STU is duplicating arguments made by axeman. I do believe his arguments are weak. But I am sure he will find some support for his arguments from some crackpot athiests on the net.

The real question comes down to whether you accept a biased atheist definition for atheism or a traditional definition.

By the way this is sort of a microcosm of the downfall of society.

We have liberals redefining everything to fit their own concepts. It is very orwellian indeed.
    ---------------------------

#96     Jun 1, 2005
  7. If you ask a simple question without your typical judgments or blather, I will address that question.

Since you seem incapable of simple dialogue without grinding your axe, the question goes into the trash bin.

I am still open to civil dialogue, if that is even possible with you.

#97     Jun 1, 2005
  8. jem

jem

It is almost impossible to get a straight answer from replacement STU. So do not hold your breath.

For instance ask him if he could be wrong about the non-existence of God.

Watch him dodge and weave as if he were the high priest of a religion just proved false. STU is a reverse fundamentalist.

#98     Jun 1, 2005
  9. No agnosticism for stu. He firmly believes he's a died in the wool, zinc-plated atheist.
    Whenever he isn't sure, he consults his transcendent Gilbert master.
    :D

#99     Jun 2, 2005
  10. stu

stu

What a strange little coterie of mindsets.

There is ZZZzz, who when asked a simple question.... "where is your third option", can only find the wherewithal to reply ....... "If you ask a simple question without your typical judgments or blather, I will address that question."
    As ever when caught out, as trolls often are, ZZzz resorts in panic to a no brainer.

Then jem, who asks for a straight answer to a bent question... "ask him if he could be wrong about the non-existence of God."... Which is the same as my asking jem, "could you be wrong about the existence of a Jabawocky."

Then nononsense, who being full of nonsense, and after unexplainably dropping and conveniently dismissing a false signature attributed to Enstein, is so susceptible to talk of deities and invisible friends, cannot get Gilbert out of his mind. Hallelujah!

And that bunch is the representation for supportive argument on theism. No wonder so many consider it all such a pile of bs.

With a Holy Trinity like that, who needs Wiccans to make religion sound crap.

#100     Jun 2, 2005