Free Webinar - Don Bright - Adrienne Toghraie

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don, what about the new JVC Poker program? :)

#31     Jan 6, 2011
  2. LOL, well, my brother is up to about 4 big poker games a week, and is bringing on more poker players/traders from these games.

(To avoid any confusion, all traders must be "regular" (funded) traders to be eligible for other programs).

Hey, send me a PM with what type of smart router you guys use. We're testing the new "seeker" from GS - seems pretty cool. I like being paid to "take" liquidity without having to move the mouse around too much.

Don

#32     Jan 6, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don, I can't be of any help there for you, sorry. Are you really still playing the liquidity rebate game? :(

#33     Jan 6, 2011
  4. EPrado

EPrado

Unfortunately, unlike when I started in 1992, if you are gonna actively daytrade you gotta pay attention to Ecn charges and the whole provide/take liquidity game. I know some very big traders out there who have been eaten up by these charges the last few yrs. The whole liquidity model is ridiculous.

As far as Don.....come on Mav....leave the guy alone !!! He is one of the few really good guys on here.

#34     Jan 6, 2011
  5. Automated programs that were paying to take liquidity (and manual) - we now get paid to take liquidity -saves the average JVC trader about $8,000 per year we figure - every little bit helps.

Not "parking" orders of course, only as the final "ping."

Don

edit: should maybe explain for others. Since we don't want to be at the mercy of the "sub penny" and HFT algo's all the time, for the last year or so we chose to "take" liquidity vs. parking (resting) orders to be paid for providing liquidity. This has worked overall. Now that there is competition with CBSX (net 9 cents to us for taking) and NQBX (net 14 cents to us for taking) - we are using the new GS program that allows us to ping each destination with our marketable orders.

#35     Jan 6, 2011
  6. Thanks, I appreciate it!!

Don't worry about Mav, he's a good guy - loves to yank my chain, no worries.

Don

#36     Jan 6, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I already gave Don a cookie on another thread, so we're good.:)

#37     Jan 6, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lol!!!! I COMPLETELY understand!

#38     Jan 6, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'd love to fly from California to NY with me in one aisle seat, and Don and Mav sitting together in the seats across the aisle from me! Lol!!!!!!

I'd pay good $$$ to be there for that! Lol!!!!!!

#39     Jan 6, 2011
  10. I'm sure Mav and I would be glad to accept 2 round trip tickets to, say, Grand Bahamas? Antigua? Cozumel? You can bring a video camera if you like......

:p

Don

#40     Jan 6, 2011