Free Webinar - Don Bright - Adrienne Toghraie

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I was thinking more along the lines of running you against Harry Reid. You've got 6 years to get ready! Yes, you do give "diplomatic" answers. But I do think our industry Don could benefit having more guys like me that keep people honest and in line. Every business model, every salesman, every prop firm, every vendor should be able to withstand honest criticism. If you are going to ask someone to part with their hard earned money and write a check, you better be able to defend yourself. :)

#11     Jan 5, 2011
  2. Samsara

Samsara

Hear hear.

Very much agreed. On the flip side, purely anonymous traders tearing down firms also should be able to face critique as well, but on balance the bad apples out there are clustered in the firms and marketers. Flaming mixed in with the honest critique comes with the territory of running a business and advertising to the public.

It's my experience that the smart capitalists are people who just run an honest shop, pay high wages, provide the best product, and charge low prices. They end up with both integrity and staying power to speak for them. Both you guys seem to have that covered. (Not sure about the low prices when it comes to Bright though. j/k!)

#12     Jan 5, 2011
  3. I totally agree with all that, but rarely feel that I'm "defending" myself - generally just clarifying something. For someone needing to defend themselves, then that would assume some devious intent - and I'm a lot of things, but I never considered myself "devious." Perhaps others have, who knows.

I honestly feel that, even from early on with you, my friendly "devils advocate" that we've come up with answers vs. agendas... and that is the point I think.

Don

#13     Jan 5, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

No worries! I have three Sons in High School who throw me under the bus when momma gets home on a daily basis!:( :D

She comes home: "What did you and the kids eat?"

Me: "Oh, we had some pizza earlier."

Her: "Oh, the one's in the freezer?"

Me: "The pizza was good." (Notice I didn't say the pizza's from the freezer)

The kids: "Mom, can we have the steak sandwich(s) out of the fridge he ordered with the pizza that was deliverd earlier?":eek:

Me: HELP!!!!!!!!:D

#14     Jan 5, 2011
  5. Similar but different.....

Me: to Gina (wife) "where are those candy bars?"

Gina: "what candy bars?" (knowing full well she gave them away to grandkids, watching MY weight of course).

Me: "Uh, the ones in the fridge." not saying the ones I bought in bulk a month ago, LOL.

Gina: Only saw a couple, gave them to Ethan (grandson). ...

Me: "uh ok"...

Me: "Where's the Jack Daniels?"

Her: "Your son drank it when he brought Ethan over for candy bars."

Me (damn, damn, damn). LOL.

Don:D

#15     Jan 5, 2011
  6. Mav,
    If you ever pop into the Trader's Expo she usually has a booth.
    You seem to be a decent judge of charater, check her out.

#16     Jan 5, 2011
  7. I second that, would love your opinion.

Don

#17     Jan 5, 2011
  8. Do you want my honest opinion?

#18     Jan 5, 2011
  9. I was addressing Mav, but did you take one of her classes?

Don

#19     Jan 5, 2011
  10. No, I've spoken to her at a couple Expo's and think she has a great grasp on the psychological aspects of trading and what it takes to "screw your head on straight" if that is personally & individually possible.

I don't agree with her philosophies on trading in general and I think she could use a personal makeover but those are unrelated observations.

I would take her class but haven't had the time.

#20     Jan 5, 2011