Free US stock commissions internationally

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ZBZB, Oct 2, 2019.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

Schwab could be the winner as Ameritrade and IB lite are not available internationally.

www.schwab.co.uk

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Ameritrade is available internationally. Do you mean, Ameritrade has confirmed that the zero commission will not apply to international clients?

https://start.tdameritrade.com/open

"What you need:
    • Social Security Number or ITIN
    • Foreign tax ID, passport, or visa number (if you're not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident)
    • ..."

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Interesting. Think or swim is not available internationally.

4. Just to be clear. I am not sure, but my impression based on the above is that Ameritrade is available internationally.

5. I am starting to think this is a net positive for retail traders.

DMA does not mean we are not getting fucked by Citadel, Two Sigma and Virtu. When Citadel pays Schwab $0.0030 per share for limit orders, they pay for the right to be the one to fuck that particular order. If that limit order is posted on an exchange through a DMA broker, the order will get fucked anyway, but Citadel will compete with Two Sigma and Virtu to be the one getting to do the fucking.

"The retail investor is left with two choices in the current market, pay the spread, or remain unexecuted. Passively bidding for or offering stock for sale is a dead end, the opportunity no longer exists."
    http://www.nanex.net/aqck2/4713.html

Retail traders at Schwab, Ameritrade and the rest of the pack soon to follow suit already have their orders sold, so removing commission must be a good thing for their clients?

The rest of us using IB or other DMA brokers are still getting fucked by Citadel, Two Sigma and Virtu, so we might as well also take advantage of zero commission?

The zero commission at Schwab and Ameritrade seems to apply also to international clients trading US equities, ETFs and options, so IB probably will follow suit and offer zero commission also for international clients.

The market reaction is clear. The brokers are getting hammered. But since most of the brokers already sell their orders, the decline in market value could reflect a transfer of value from the brokers to clients?

My own take: I am a client at IB and will remain an IB client. However, I will most likely open an account at Schwab and start to experiment and compare execution.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Im using it daily (demo*), both in Lithuania and Netherlands.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  7. wondering which of those will extend the zero commissions to overseas clients.

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

Did you have to give a US address?

9. Nobert

Nobert

I can't remember. Installed it a year ago, using it well since.

10. %% Good points;
    but a 3rd choice can work sometimes.

BUY on bid+ less than that;
    when that does not work , pay up, market order. LOL Sectors can sell off+ rocket up almost as single stock. AMTD + IBKR, SCHW are down double didgets , YTD.

ALLY+ RILY[small cap] are up much more YTD.
    TSLA is DOWN Again, its a wonder its not down more ; cop had to stop car in CA , not charged up enough. LOL but tragic :caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#10     Oct 2, 2019