Free Trading Systems Website

Discussion in 'Trading' started by newbie, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie

I found another website where systems are going to be given for free. Makes me think I'm getting ripped at PTSignals for their system!! ( I'm only up about $2,200 in 2 1/2 months) This new website sent me a HUGE report with sytem rules on trading the SP Gaps fro free just for checking out their site. They are going to give dissect different trading systems every month....... well worth the time to take a look for those of you looking for systems like I am.

E-Mail the guy at powerinvestor77@aol.com his name is David Russeu...anyone heard of him? He will send you a very detailed ssytem report for free.

The website is not up...but you can take a look. The URL is
    http://www.informedtrader.net/home.asp

2. newbie

Hopefully this is proof to those of you who thought I work for PT Signals...... I don't I just trade their system, and it has only done OK which sounds better than the predictions most of you thought when you said I would lose all my money. It is still early though. I seriously want to get you pros opinions on a site like the one above though where the guy pretty much gives his stuff away for free...... is that a valuable tool to use? Should I learn more from this site and cancel my PT subscription?

3. newbie

He did like 12 different tests on the gaps and came up with this in summary.... it was a 21 page report. (copied and pasted)

GapsTest(12)

Our final test in this report is going to apply the third set of circumstances we applied above to the GapsTest(9) scenario. In short, we are going to trade in the SAME direction of the gap and the previous day’s close only if the gap is opposite of the trend.

If market gapped higher and the 20-day moving average is lower than 5 days ago, and day –1’s close is higher than day-2’s close, then we buy.
    If market gapped lower and the 20-day moving average is higher than 5 days ago, and day –1’s close is lower than day –2’s close, then we sell.

System Name: GapsTest(12)
    Data Type: Daily
    Source: System Navigator
    Developer:
    Report Filters: Trade types: All trades, From date: 1/12/96, To date: 9/28/01
    OVERALL
    Total Net Profit: $96,363 Profit factor ($wins/$losses): 1.67
    Total Trades: 162 Winning Percentage: 55.6%
    Average trade: $594.83 Payout ratio (avg win/loss): 1.33
    Avg # of bars in trade: N/A Kelly ratio: 0.2224
    Avg # of trades per year: 32.4 Percent in the market: N/A
    WINNING TRADES LOSING TRADES
    Total Winners: 90 Total Losers: 72
    Gross Profit: $240,750 Gross Loss: -$144,388
    Average Win: $2,675.00 Average Loss: -$2,005.38
    Largest Win: $17,000.00 Largest Loss: -$9,175.00
    Largest Drawdown in Win: -$3,675.00 Largest Peak in Loss: $5,500.00
    Avg Drawdown in Win: -$1,046.81 Avg Peak in Loss: $1,105.73
    Most Consec Wins: 7 Most Consec Losses: 5
    Avg # of Consec Wins: 2.31 Avg # of Consec Losses: 1.80
    Avg # of bars in wins: .00 Avg # of bars in losses: .00
    MONEY MANAGEMENT
    Max. closed-out drawdown: -$13,375.00 Max. intraday drawdown: -$14,950.00
    Account size required: $14,950 Return Pct: 644.6%

If we were to compare these results with the raw results of GapsTest(9), you would see that we dropped 23 winning trades and 23 losing trades while increasing the average trade win or lose $50.00. The most obvious difference was the drawdown which dropped over $10,000. Further, the largest losing trade made up 67% of the current largest drawdown. As a result, stops should help the overall statistics quite a bit:

GapsTest(12) With $1,500 Stops

System Name: GapsTest(12)
    Data Type: Daily
    Source: System Navigator
    Developer:
    Report Filters: Trade types: All trades, From date: 1/12/96, To date: 9/28/01
    OVERALL
    Total Net Profit: $102,025 Profit factor ($wins/$losses): 1.83
    Total Trades: 162 Winning Percentage: 42.6%
    Average trade: $629.78 Payout ratio (avg win/loss): 2.46
    Avg # of bars in trade: N/A Kelly ratio: 0.1927
    Avg # of trades per year: 32.4 Percent in the market: N/A
    WINNING TRADES LOSING TRADES
    Total Winners: 69 Total Losers: 93
    Gross Profit: $225,550 Gross Loss: -$123,525
    Average Win: $3,268.84 Average Loss: -$1,328.23
    Largest Win: $17,000.00 Largest Loss: -$1,512.50
    Largest Drawdown in Win: -$1,475.00 Largest Peak in Loss: $5,275.00
    Avg Drawdown in Win: -$593.66 Avg Peak in Loss: $207.39
    Most Consec Wins: 6 Most Consec Losses: 7
    Avg # of Consec Wins: 1.77 Avg # of Consec Losses: 2.33
    Avg # of bars in wins: .00 Avg # of bars in losses: .00
    MONEY MANAGEMENT
    Max. closed-out drawdown: -$10,900.00 Max. intraday drawdown: -$11,775.00
    Account size required: $11,775 Return Pct: 866.5%

InformedTrader.net Analysis on GapsTest(12) W/Stops:

Using the same logic to determine where the best place to put stops would be, the most noticeable difference was the drop in the winning percentage. The drawdown was brought down slightly, but considering we dropped at $9,000 losing trade, the degree the drawdown dropped was not impressive. Given the choice, based on the two sets of results, using the GapsTest(9) logic without the extra filter of looking at the direction of the previous close is the more reliable route to go. Further, additional filters other than the direction of the previous close is certainly worth looking into.

Gaps Report Summary

Based on the results you see in the various tests we performed, there may be some profitable ways to consistently trade gaps. However, the conventional logic is definitely not the way to go. Our best overall results came on GapsTest(9) using reasonable stops when trading in the direction of the gap but in the opposite direction of the trend. When the market has been trending in one direction and then gaps in the opposite direction, it looks as if gaps can be a good counter-trend method to consider.

End Note

Whereas InformedTrader.net tries to give a broad picture of several different approaches in this report, there is no way it can be considered exhaustive. However, we are currently putting together a much more exhaustive and thorough analysis (book) on different ways to approach gaps in both the S&P and Bond markets. So far, we have over 60 different tests that have been performed with full results. This exhaustive gaps analysis also looks at several of the additional “circumstances” WITHOUT the gaps to show whether the value is in the actual market gapping open or whether the value is in the other circumstances that were combined with the gaps. Very, very interesting results with some pretty valuable trading ideas were uncovered.

The Trading Gaps Analysis will be FREE to all subscribers of www.InformedTrader.net and is due out on March 15th. Our next System of the Month Report will be online at our website on March 4th. March’s System of the Month Report is a look at a unique short term swing trading method applied to daily commodity markets and individual stocks. You won’t want to miss next month’s report!

Finally, if you have any suggestions/ideas regarding this report or trading gaps, please feel free to let us know by emailing us at new@informedtrader.net.

4. newbie

Is the HardRightEdgecom tactics considered a pretty good method like the Adam and eve deal? ANyone using their methods?

5. newbie

Candletrader owns this website. :) I have been accused of being a system vendor from the start. I have recommended realitytrader.com, Powertradesignals.com, informedtrader.net/home.asp and had a negative opinion on millenium-traders. I must work for all three of the positive comment ones. I got worked in the markets and have been trying to find backtested, proven results from systems, but everybody says they are bad. I thought all a system was was a proven edge in the market. Everyone worships guys like candle because he is supposedly making $250,000 or something a year. (A guy making that kind of money shouldn't be wasting his time policing the boards imo)- so when he blasts me and others as system vendors-I don't get the answers to my questions, because all the noobs like me are afraid of having people like him mad at them.

Oh well!

Good Luck!

6. you seem to be talking to yourself?:eek:

7. newbie

The moderator took the posts that one was referring off the board

8. Rigel

Rigel

Wats, Newbie's mentioned PTS 12-15 times since his very first post on Oct26. Maybe it has reached the spam-saturation point.

9. toby400

toby400

This thread (Where the originator speaks to himself) is hereby declared:

A SNAKE OIL ZONE

Toby
    UK

10. newbie

SO......

Do I work for all three of the website I mentioned?

I have requested info on PTS hardrightedge and the new that this thread is about......

which one do I work for?

#10     Jan 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.