Free Trading Class - Thoughts on it

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by cgprelude, May 13, 2009.

1. cgprelude

cgprelude

Hey Guys I know this might seem lame but the class looks like it might be interesting and it is free. I assume it's just to draw people in to taking there other classes but if I get some info out of it why not.

I was wondering if anyone has taken this or heard anything about it before. I am semi new to trading and making mistakes every day that I learn from while I figure out my style. Right now I'm just trying to get as much info as I can, forums, online, books, etc. Please give me your thoughts on this.

http://www.tradingacademy.com/ptwof...heckpfp=true&gclid=CLmpvuncuZoCFUpM5QodZ1s5cQ

2. 1) If you don't mind paying a few thousand dollars for somebody else's "program" that may not "fit" you very well, go for it.
    2) You can do better on your own because, ultimately, you have to develop a method(s) that you'll feel comfortable trading consistently.
    3) Go to the "free" orientation class but be ready to resist the hard-sell that you will get afterwards to immediately enroll. :cool:

3. maxpi

maxpi

Classes are all half truths, if that much. Go to the class, try to get ahold of the right half...

Good luck with your spamming too...

4. the "right half" is free. Look on ET, wade through all the crap and you'll find pieces that are vital to most everyone strategies. Once you have those, then it's up to YOU to figure the rest out.

5. EliteEd

EliteEd

You are correct. The free class is basically a sales presentation introducing you to the courses they offer. If you are brand new to trading you may learn a couple of tidbits, but it won't teach you how to trade. Go ahead and take the free class, can't hurt anything.....you might even get a free lunch out of it. However, beware of any money back guarantees or rebates from brokerages.....they are usually very misleading and not true money back guarantees.