Free Special Report on Trading ETF's Including system code!.

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I optimized these in the range of 2-20 steps of 1. I also optimized the moving average filter from 50-300, steps 10. The systems default is 200.

#11     Jun 2, 2009
  2. Thanks for the reply, Murray. Is it possible to post the results? Thanks! :)

#12     Jun 10, 2009
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I am sure there interest in ETF's and trading systems. Please give me some input on what areas you would like to see covered.

#13     Jun 12, 2010
  4. I'll add in my wife has been in her 403b plan since at least 1990 and her return is essentially zero. To heck with the last few years. She works at a non profit so is with TIAA-CREF, which changes to another firm in July. I let her make decisions and she was sold on buy and hold. I can't say her balance is even worth what she has put into over the years and that was just contributing to get the matching.
    My Dad who is 88 is realizing buy and hold can be painful. He has taken quite the hits over the last 10 years. His value has dropped by well over 2 million and that's not as a result of drawdowns on his part, but due to the market conditions. On the one hand he was in the market accumualting over 40 years, but 10 years have been a wipeout. Dividends have been good, but a couple of his dividend stocks have dropped their dividends to almost nothing. Part of your life needs to be spent managing your funds.
    Not an endorsement of this thread specifically, but it has good points, and ideas to consider.
    It scares me the way Social Security has been robbed, and the idea that people can manage their own money.

#14     Jun 12, 2010