free source for option chains and basic strategies

Discussion in 'Options' started by spindr0, Oct 8, 2017.

1. spindr0

spindr0

For many years, I have used the OptionXpress web site during off hours to evaluate the potential performance of different option positions (covered calls, short puts, vertical spreads, etc.) for the entire chain. Because Schwab is taking them over, the OX web site is down. I don’t know if this is temporary (to be replaced at the Schwab web site) or permanent.

Is anyone aware of a free site that enables you to pick a strategy and see the calcs for the entire chain? For example, for a covered call: downside protection, return if assigned, return if unassigned, etc. for the entire chain? TIA

2. just21

just21

There are a lot of sites that will list the best covered calls. Just google. I like www.poweropt.com it is a paid site though. It covers all strategies.

3. optionsxpress has been absorbed into schwab, you might check out schwab and see how much of the optionsxpress features they will keep

4. spindr0

spindr0

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not looking for a site that recommends the "best covered calls". I want one that brings up the option chain for the stock that I'm interested in an does the calcs on every option in the chain.

Traderlux: Yep, I will check out Schwab. AFAIK, they offer covered call calculations in their "Edge" but not yet for other strategies as OptionXpress did.

5. just21

just21

Take the www.poweropt.com free trial as it probably does that as well.