Free Seminar 3/8/06 - Volume Analysis & Trading the E-minis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trendman, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Bsulli

Bsulli

Sorry about that, it only works with Internet Explorer which I don't use anymore. Doesn't work with Firefox which is what I used these days.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Bsulli

#11     Mar 8, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

well this part at least is true, but we shouldn't need to attend a seminar to learn that.

#12     Mar 8, 2006
  3. you never did tell us who you are and if you even know what you are talking about. before we waste our time dont you think that if you told us about yourself and if you are able to make money with your ideas people might be more interested?
    we get a lot of guru wanabes on this site.

#13     Mar 8, 2006
  4. i sat through this last night. mostly just a sales pitch for his signals program that costs $299 a month. i asked him several times if he had any proof such as trading records that he actually made money with his calls but he refused.
    at this point i would have to say stay away unless he can back up what he claims.

#14     Mar 9, 2006
  5. CONR

CONR

You heard what he said. Federal regs. prevent him from doing so.

#15     Mar 9, 2006
  6. thats bs. but it is a convenient excuse to get the uninformed off his case.

#16     Mar 9, 2006
  7. Federal regs do not prevent someone selling a signal service from providing a track record of trades.

When someone uses the federal law excuse you know something stinky is in the air. Federal law may prevent him from spamming a board with track record results, but a direct request made to the website or person pushing it to provide a track record of past performance is certainly legal and expected before anyone is going to shell out $300 a month.

#17     Mar 9, 2006
  8. CONR

CONR

Like they say, "let the buyer beware."

#18     Mar 9, 2006
  9. jem

jem

I know someone on trading markets bragging about his returns for years. He was talking about multi one hundred percent years. And at the time it was true. He was a business partner and co-owner of our trading operation.

One time someone from an exchange did come to our office and interview traders and check to see that we had some of our records in order. At the time our traders were almost all profitable. We went on on merry way. No one said boo and no one said we could not tell people the truth about our returns. The fact was we were even backing some of the traders at the time.

When I did call the SEC to speak with a lawyer about what we could and could not do. The lawyer on the phone said that was not his job to tell us what we could do. He said hire a lawyer. I said I was a lawyer and the regs were ambiguous. Which I said was garbage. He said well just keep doing what you are doing and when we determine it is wrong we will come after you. I said thanks in as sarcastic a manner as I could.

In my experience if you have a profitable track record and have success training people you are able to promote the heck out of it if you tell the truth with the proper disclosures. It is simulated results that will get your ass in a sling. Please no emails. My short term edge is gone and I can no longer daytrade my way out of a paper bag. My longer term stuff is fine.

#19     Mar 9, 2006