Free screener...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Guty, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Guty

Guty

I "discover" it today so I can't really tell if it is a good one:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/finder/predefstocks.aspx

(click on Deluxe screener)

So far it look promising, and well, it is free.

For those who know it, can you post what you think of it?

And for those who don't know it, time to check :)

2. I have used the MSN Deluxe Screener for over a year, and find it useful for most things. It lacks some functionality, but for those times I require additional functions, I simply use another screener - one that is more technical based than fundamental based.

I particularly like the option to save the aspects of certain screens on my own hard drive.

If you regularly delete unwanted files off your computer (cookies, etc.), then expect to download the deluxe screener on subsequent visits to the web site. However, this process takes only several seconds using a cable modem connection.

If you sign up (free registration), you can also get free realtime quotes (I believe MSN limits the number per day) for the results of your screens.

For fundamentals based investing or trading, you could do worse than the MSN Deluxe Screener.

Regards,

Spydertrader

3. You can get real-time at ProphetScan (Prophet.net) for only $14.95mth with bronze subscription. CBSMarketWatch has deleyed for free. Look under investor tools.

4. vinigar

vinigar

The screener at YHOO is free and not bad.

5. lucky7

lucky7

I checked out the website (money central)looks pretty cool does can I get that in real time if I wanted?

6. ############################
    I checked out the website (money central)
    looks pretty cool does can I get that in real
    time if I wanted?
    ############################

You can get free realtime quotes (if you register), but the screen itself works on delayed data.