Free Screener for Gap up / down stocks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NoEmotions, Aug 29, 2007.

1. I am looking for a free screener to give me a list of all the stocks that were gapped up/down in the morning compared to previous day close price.
    Since I am looking for something free I don't mind if its not real time.
    MSN has this filter but its based on todays low with yesterdays close, I want gap based on todays open and yesterdays close.
    Thanks,

2. stockfetcher.com

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

4. topmo

topmo

stockcharts.com......left side, stock scans, under tools.

5. topmo

topmo

looked tonight, aug. 29th, 07, stockcharts.com, runaway gap ups, nasdaq, SSTR showed up as an example.

6. topmo

topmo

another post on this.........stockcharts.com>free charts>stock scans>results...Gap Ups=62, Runaway Gap Ups=15, Breakaway Gap Ups=0, Island Tops=0, Gap Downs=0, Breakaway Gap Downs=0, Runaway Gap Downs=20, Island Bottoms=1.

7. www.prophet.net

you can use the screener for gps and it's nice b/c you can filter out by volume, stock exchange, price etc. and even the size of the gap by % or by price.

the free version is not realtime but you only need to register to get it.

8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The HingeFire stock screener found at http://www.hingefire.com/ can screen on up/down gaps based on today's open and yesterdays close (in % or dollars). The tool is free and was created by a local investment club in North Carolina.

- Greg B.

9. gaj

gaj

checked out hingefire, but it requires microsoft .net to be installed. why / what is that?

thanks...

10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Microsoft .NET is a framework that the majority of software programs run on that are compiled in a MS Visual Studio environment. Most computers with MS Vista or XP come with .NET pre-installed.

If you do not have .Net 2.0 installed, then the HingeFire installer will install it for you. Industry standard InstallShield software is used as the installer for the application.

- Greg

#10     Sep 23, 2007