Free Real Time Charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by halyava, Sep 21, 2003.

1. halyava

halyava

Are there any Free Real Time Charts?

2. There are exchange fees involved for real time quotes.

3. http://www.quotetracker.com

You can use your broker as a quote feed in QuoteTracker. If your broker is not supported, you can use Scottrade free quotes as the source, though the other sources QT supports are much better.

4. thehixx

thehixx

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the underlying source of the quotes that Scottrade provides for QT?

Here is why: This morning I have been following SPY on QT with the Scottrade feed. Right now, the volume traded is 4 million. However, when I go to AMEX.COM or YAHOO.COM, they both report a volume of 19 million. Can anyone sort this out?

5. don't know who they use, but note that the volume on Scottrade is always wrong. The initial quote returns correct volume, but it drops down after the first update. This has been a problem for years.

6. May I suggest that you not skimp on the tools that you need, especially if your method requires real-time data? If you do so, I think you will find that you will be paying a higher price in the long run. It just may not seem that way at first because it will be in installments.

Regards,

Thunderdog

7. It seems no one intersted in free hookers.
    So far one PM from ET members only.:D