FREE QuoteTrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by QuoteT_Brent, Nov 27, 2006.

1. ahodgee

ahodgee

Hi DDunbar,

Thanks for the comments on a tutorial on the vTick. We've been working on some help files to better navigate the users through the application and we hope to have some of them available by the end of the week.

We'll keep you posted.

AveryH

#41     Dec 21, 2006
  2. Learn about QuoteTrader and IB's TWS.
    This is the subject of this week's webinar, Thursday, January 4th at 9am pacific, 12pm eastern.

To attend, please email trading@mail.esignal.com

The content will focus on configuring QuoteTrader to Interactive Brokers' Trader Workstation (or "TWS"), and general usability, like entering symbols and placing trades.

The format allows real-time answers to questions along with the instruction, and will be especially of interest to those either currently trading with IB, or interested in more information about how QuoteTrader can complement TWS.

Thank you,

Brent
    email
    QuoteTrader Website
    QuoteTrader Support Forums

#42     Jan 2, 2007
  3. ddunbar would you be willing to share what you did to finally get symbols into the IB configuration?

I have been able to get Account Manager to see my IB account, and I configured Trade Manger to IB, but I cannot enter any new symbols. I get "Waiting for data" in the black box. ... and there are no entries in the symbol map box under the ... pick. Also API errors 300 and 101.

Any insight appreciated. The DOM does look good.

#43     Jan 2, 2007
  4. Hi Bigmoose,

Thank you for your post.

We'll be reviewing IB symbol entry in tomorrow's webinar, QuoteTrader with IB's TWS Webinar: Thursday, Jan 4th, 9am pacific, 12pm eastern.
    Send us an email if you're available and interested in attending.
    Alternatively, if that time isn't convenient for you, and you'd like a demonstration, let me know too, and we'll schedule a review that best meets your needs.

Also, thank you for your comments on the TradeManager's DOM. We worked hard on that, and will continue adding features to make it more useful (eg, VWAP, IV, enhanced hedging, etc.).

Another area we'll be enhancing is symbol entry - IB uses comparatively sophisticated symbology (eg, requiring variables like currency), but we're working on a method to streamline it.

Again, thank you for your post, looking forward to hearing from you,

Thank you,

Brent
    email
    QuoteTrader Website

#44     Jan 3, 2007
  5. Brent,

Thanks for the PM that got me up and running. I will continue to work with the interface and give you impressions.

Folks, Brent has been very receptive to my observations/ideas, and you only get a "first impression" the first few times you use something. After that you get to "know" it, and you adjust to its character. So if you see something that could be better, let Brent know and it likely will be improved in the next revision.

#45     Jan 3, 2007
  6. Please join us for a QuoteTrader with IB's TWS Webinar, Monday, January 8th at 1:30 pm pacific, 4:30 pm eastern.

The content will focus on configuring QuoteTrader to Interactive Brokers' Trader Workstation, and will be especially of interest to those either currently trading with IB, or interested in more information about how QuoteTrader can complement TWS.

To attend, please email trading@mail.esignal.com

For those interested, but unable to attend, we recorded an earlier QuoteTrader with IB webinar in two parts:
    1. QuoteTrader with IB's TWS (Part 1)
    2. QuoteTrader with IB's TWS (Part 2)

Alternatively, you may prefer to view a very short video demonstrating how QuoteTrader can get you quickly get into the market, gauge your profit or loss, and get out of the market.

QuoteTrader is free - so for more information, a demonstration, or to attend Monday's webinar, please send an email to trading@mail.esignal.com.

Thanks,

Brent
    email
    QuoteTrader Website

#46     Jan 5, 2007
  7. Lucre

Lucre

can u send me the info for todays webinar?

#47     Jan 8, 2007
  8. Hi Lucre,

Thank you for your post.

Per my PM, you can attend this afternoon's QuoteTrader with TWS webinar, scheduled for 1:30pm pt, 4:30pm et, by visiting this link:
    http://esignal.acrobat.com/r33181896/

Hope you can make it - if not, please let me know via email (trading@mail.esignal.com) if you'd like a brief demonstration and what time/s would be best for you.

Thank you again,

Brent
    email
    QuoteTrader Website

#48     Jan 8, 2007
  9. any update on MBT/EFX integration

Thanks
    RB

#49     Jan 8, 2007
  10. Hi RB,
    Thank you for checking back.
    Yes, MB's FX service will be supported in the first prototype - sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
    I'll send you a PM when internal testing is completed.
    Looking forward to receiving your feeback!

Thank you,

Brent
    email
    QuoteTrader Website

#50     Jan 8, 2007